Chapter 14: Acceptance & Denial

It was Saturday which meant he had another therapy session with Mirio! They did have one back on Tuesday, but that was too long of a wait!

It was definitely something that Izuku has been waiting for the whole week. After the drama at home and at his school, Izuku could finally meet Mirio again! It felt like it's been years since they meet each other.

Seeing his mother's current partner, lots of his memories were triggered and most of which aren't great. He remembered Chizome, Inko's ex boyfriend, Yo Shindou and Neito Monoma who were both his bullies back middle school. It didn't really help that the latter went to the same school as his even after they moved out of their apartment and into their new home.

Well, analyzing the supposed boyfriend of his mother, there was less of a chance for him to be like Chizome. Yes, that bastard was also kind of thin, but there's just something about the blonde, middle aged man that seemed reassuring and trustworthy. Maybe Izuku was just hallucinating or something?

However, there's also a possibility that Toshinori could harm him, just like how Inko's previous jerk of a boyfriend was. What if he had trusted him and everything would go wrong after that? He wouldn't be able to handle it a second time. It was just too risky at the moment.

He could only hope that if he did try to rely on the man, things would improve for the better. At least just this time, for his mother to find happiness, for her to finally become content and let go of Izuku cause just like she said, she's tired of him.

Nonetheless, he wishes this time, it'll be better than before. Second time's the charm right?

As of the moment, Izuku is in front of Mirio's house and has knocked. The door was quickly opened by none other than the boy himself, as cheerful as ever

"Izuku, my favorite patient! How ya been buddy?" Mirio greeted as Izuku laughed

Togata let him inside the house as he politely walked in after the taller that stepped aside as he entered the blonde's house.

"T- Togata, I am yo- your only pa- patie- patient, wh- what d- do you mean by favo- favorite?" Izuku said with a giggle

"Oh, come on! I have other patients, but that's not the point. You're my favorite." Mirio replied with a grin

"You s- ay that ev- every time though." Izuku retorted as the other lead him towards the living room couch then they sat down

"Haha! You got me there I guess!" Mirio said as they entered his home office

"So what have you been doing since the last time I saw you? Anything new?" Mirio carefully asked as he sat down in his chair

Izuku only smiled and replied with an,

"I- I'm fi- fine... um mostly." He said as he sat down on the couch

The two continued chatting. Izuku bravely talked about what had happened at home, how his school life was, how he's been keeping up with most of his work, and a lot more. Mirio would nod understandingly as he intently listens and then give his opinions then comfort the boy as he suggests what would be best to do for now. Izuku genuinely admired that about him, how patient he was and how good of a listener he was. That might be something that all therapists have, but it was helpful enough for him.

The greenette would then ask questions about lots of stuff, he did also ask how Mirio had been doing. He knows the blonde has been seeing someone for a few months now, but until now, he hasn't seen them, just their name which is Tamaki Amajiki. They sounds nice from what Mirio has said about him which is great!

There's also another thing Izuku would like to ask about, but he's too nervous to do so. He knows for sure that Mirio wouldn't judge him for it, but what if he makes the tension around them all awkward? Regardless, he still mentioned it. He needed advice on it anyway.