Chapter 21

The blast from the Goblet hit George a lot harder than it did Fred. He was sent flying through the air and fell hard to the floor. Tris sprinted over to him as fast as she could and kneeled down right beside him. He laid sprawled out on the floor and tried his hardest to breathe. The hard landing knocked the wind out of him and the pain in his side made it even harder to catch his breath. Tris noticed he was struggling to breathe and called out to Fred to go get Madame Pomfrey.

Fred sprinted out of the Great Hall and went to get her as fast as he could. Students started to gather around George to see what was going on. Tris gently picked up his head and laid it in her lap. She stroked his long ginger hair and tried to calm him down as best she could. George used his right hand to grip his side from the pain, and he held out his other hand for Tris to grab. She noticed his outstretched hand and she quickly grabbed onto it.

"It's okay, you're gonna be okay. Quidditch has done you much worse. This is nothing. You're gonna be just fine." she said trying to keep herself calm just as much as George. She kept turning around to see if Fred was back with Madame Pomfrey yet, but still no sign. "The charm, what's the charm." Tris said to herself. She had a photographic memory but apparently not in stressed situations. She remembered reading about the healing charm that healed minor injuries.

She knew she couldn't take all of his pain away because she wasn't that skilled in charms yet, but she knew she could at least help alleviate some of the pain. That's the only healing charm she read over today. And then it clicked in her mind. She grabbed her wand from her back pocket and pointed it at George's right side where he had his hand. "Episkey." she said and she heard a cracking sound come from his ribs. He yelled in pain at first but then relaxed shortly after.

"I know, I'm so sorry." she said as she lowered her wand and held his hand once again. Seconds later, Fred comes rushing back in with Madame Pomfrey right behind. She knelt down beside the poor ginger and asked what happened. Tris then spoke up and told her everything that happened. The students then slowly walked away and left them alone. They all went down the hall and into the next room to wait for the drawing of the names from the Goblet.

Fred and Tris stood beside George the whole time. Madame Pomfrey then looked to Fred and told him to help get George to his feet. Tris may have helped heal some of George's injuries, but he still had many more that she couldn't quite heal. Tris walked beside George the whole time and helped the best she could to help him walk to the hospital wing. She was just too short and she couldn't hold his tall figure up.

They made it to the hospital wing and Fred helped him to the bed. "It was Rose." Tris said suddenly. Fred and Madame Pomfrey turned and looked at her looking confused. "And why would you say that, Miss Lupin?" she asked Trista. "I just know." she said. She knew they thought that she was crazy in that moment but she knew who caused that to happen to George the way it did.

Tris knew Susan played a part in it as well. She was trying to get to Tris by hurting George instead. Now that George is out of the picture temporarily, Tris had to watch her back, or more importantly, they needed to watch theirs.

Seeing George asleep and getting some rest with Fred by his side, Tris walked out of the hospital wing to go find that Slytherin that hurt the number 1 person she cared about most besides her parents. She turned every corner hoping to find Rose and Susan, but so far no luck. All of the other students were in one big group waiting to hear the names of the 3 chosen students to compete in the Triwizard Tournament.

Tris roamed the halls for hours it seemed but she couldn't find either one of the Slytherin girls. When she turned the last corner of the last unchecked hallway, she found a Slytherin, but not the ones she was looking for. "Malfoy!" she called out. "What Lupin." he said not even admiring Tris walking beside him. "What did Rose and Susan do to George?" she said trying to keep up the pace with Malfoy. "I don't know what you're talking about." he said as he pulled on the collar of his shirt. Tris then grabbed his shoulder and turned him around. "You know exactly what I mean, Malfoy." she said with a stern look on her face.

Malfoy was surprised to hear the shy, usually quiet, Gryffindor speak up. He jerked his shoulder out of Trista's grasp and looked at her boldly. "I don't know what you're talking about Lupin. Now why don't you go find the vial, and examine it or something. Maybe it'll give you answers you're looking for." Malfoy said as he turned back around a walked away.

Tris stood there for a moment and suddenly realized why Malfoy was telling her to go look in the vial that George had the aging potion in. That must of been it. They must have put something in his potion to cause his reaction to become much more severe then Fred's. She just had to prove that his potion was tampered with and who was the master behind this action. She already knew who it was, but she had to prove it.

Tris began sprinting down the halls trying to make her way back to the Great Hall where the incident took place. When she was a few halls away, she heard whispering coming from one of the broom closets. She slowly peeked her head around the corner and saw who it was . It was Professor Snape with Rose and Susan.

"You could have killed that Weasley boy." Snape said in a serious tone. "Relax dad, I knew the reactions from the Goblet couldn't be that bad, well, I hoped it wouldn't be that bad. But either way, he isn't dead, so, no need to worry. Besides, it wasn't even my idea. I just made it happen." Rose said smiling at her father like she had just won an award. "Wow, thanks for throwing me under the bus, Rose." Susan said with her arms crossed.

Trista's eyes widened in disbelief. She couldn't believe what she just heard. Snape practically allowing his daughter to hurt people and not even do anything about it. She had proof, but she knew that Dumbledore would most likely take Snape's side over hers. She knew she could no longer trust Snape and she had to find another way to prove what those Slytherin girls had done to George. She wasn't about to let them get away with this, and she wasn't going down without a fight.

Tris quietly made it back to the Great Hall and saw the two empty vials laying on the floor. She quickly picked them up and stuck them in her pocket. Students now started to come out from the other room and the Great Hall was soon filled with more and more students. It was dinner time and all of the students took their seats as the food appeared on the table in front of them

Each house made their way to their appointed table and began to eat. Tris pushed her way through the crowds of hungry students and exited the Great Hall. Her name could be heard coming from different people all at once. Harry, Hermione, and Peter all called her name but she didn't stop. She was on a mission to find out what was in George's potion that caused such a reaction.

Ron then passed Tris in the hallway and grabbed her arm pulling her to a stop. "I just saw George. He's doing much better now. Where were you? Harry's name got called from the Goblet." Ron said to Tris. "I can't talk about this right now, Ron. I have to go." she said as she turned away from him and began walking down the hallway. "Where are you going?" Ron shouted down the hall. "To the common room. I have to find out what was in this potion!" she shouted back and then continued speed walking down the hall to the Gryffindor common room...

.

*Author's note: Rose is not my original character. I was given the privilege by a friend to use her in my story:)*