Chapter 37

Once Susan and Lucy released each other from their second hug, Tris decided now was the time to find out what happened since the last time she saw her. "What made you change your mind? I mean, you go from being one of us here, to being a follower of You-know-who, and then back again to us within a few months, so I wanna know what made you change your mind once again to come back here?" Tris said with a stern look on her face.

"I just realized that it wasn't right. That this is my real home and where my real family is." Susan said with a blank look on her face. "So, if you could just give me one more chance to prove myself, and to prove that I really have changed. That's all I'm asking for." Susan said as she stepped closer to Tris and put a hand on her shoulder. Tris then balled her fists up beside her.

"Get your bloody hands off of me." Tris said as she brushed off Susan's hand from her shoulder. Just as Tris was about to carry on her conversation, Cedric walked in to the common room and stood in silence trying to comprehend what he had just walked into.

"I already gave you a second chance Susan. Hell, I've given you chance after chance and all of those chances proved to me that you will never change no matter how much you say you have." Tris said as tears formed in her eyes.

"Tris if you could just-" Lucy started. "NO! I'm sorry Lucy, I am your friend, but I will never be hers. I agreed to help find her for crying out loud and now you want me to forgive her and be all buddy buddy with her? I'm sorry, but that will never happen. So if you'll excuse me, I think it's time to go back to my common room." Tris said as she turned around and headed for the Hufflepuff common room door.

Lucy and Cedric then made eye contact and he was speechless. "Lu, you really expect her to just up and forgive your sister for what she has done to her?" Cedric said over to Lucy. Susan just walked over to the sofa and took a seat. "Well, she's my friend, and I expected her to do it for me, not for Susan." Lucy replied.

"You just don't see it do you? Every time you or your brothers have ever had a problem, who's the one to help you resolve it? When Susan disappeared, who was the first one to say she'd help you find her?" Cedric said. "Tris..." Lucy said in a whisper.

"Don't you see how tired she is of being the one to help everyone but not receive any help in return. She helps every single person who needs help and not one of her friends offers to give her help in return. She's tired Lucy. She's tired of helping everyone when all they do is hand her their problems and turn around and leave her in the shadows once she's done helping fix everything. So when you just expected her to forgive your sister after she caused her life to be a living hell, she finally just broke. She can't say yes this time. And you have to accept that." Cedric finished.

Lucy just stood in silence and watched as Cedric ran out of the door to go find Tris. "Don't worry Lucy, soon you'll find out who your real friends are. After all, if they really cared about you, they would have done what you asked them to. Especially your own boyfriend. I mean, he just ran after the girl who you called a friend and he just left you here. What does that say about him?" Susan said as she stood up and placed her hand on Lucy's shoulder.

"You're right. I guess they aren't my friends after all." Lucy said as she now had a mischievous grin on her face that she never wore. Susan now felt proud of gaining her sisters trust once again and new she had Lucy under her control now. "Come on Lucy, let's go see if Dumbledore will let me stay back at Hogwarts." Susan said as she grabbed Lucy's hand and they both walked out of the common room and towards Dumbledore's office.

Meanwhile walking down the corridors, Tris still had her fists balled up beside her and she now started fidgeting with her anxiety/promise ring that George gave her. "Tris wait up!" Cedric shouted from down the halls. Tris turned around and acknowledged Cedric but kept on walking. "I'm fine Cedric." she said to him but never looked him in the eyes.