Chapter 66

The two girls had managed to make it back to Headquarters without being caught. It was a long night so they both decided to go to bed instead of staying up late like they normally did every single night. The morning came quicker than expected and both girls were not happy. They stayed in bed until almost lunchtime but both decided to get up.

Both girls then headed downstairs and saw that the Order was having a meeting. Molly and Arthur Weasley were there as well and Tris was excited to see them. She gave them huge smiles and waved to them. Forming a smile on her face, Molly waved back, but Tris could sense something was wrong. Tris was still a part of the Order but didn't feel like listening to another useless meeting.

However, she felt this meeting was a little more different than the other ones she's been in. Molly always had a smile on her face, but at this point and time, she was wearing a frown which was unusual. Tris was about to walk into the meeting room until she heard the sound of her coffee mug hit the table behind her.

Marlee had already made her coffee and was sitting at the table waiting for Tris to join her as well. Breaking out of her deep thoughts, Tris turned around and sat across from Marlee before drinking her coffee. The two girls couldn't hear anything that was going on and it bothered them. The Order had put a silencing charm on the room specifically so the two girls couldn't hear what was going on.

"Okay that makes me wanna listen even more now." Tris said as she ran her hands through her hair in frustration that she didn't know what was going on. She then stood up from the table and headed over to the meeting room until she was blocked from the doorway.

"Move, Kingsley, I wanna know what's going on." Tris said as she tried to push her way past the annoying yet powerful wizard.

"I'm afraid I can't let you in there, Miss Lupin." Kingsley said looking down at the short impatient witch that stood in front of him.

"Why not? I'm a part of this Order, Kingsley, I have the right to know-" Tris started.

"Not this meeting." Kingsley said interrupting her.

Tris then knew what this was about, or rather who. Every time one of the meetings involved her, they wouldn't let her be a part of it.

"Well, I know it's about me now, so you might as well inform me so that I can know whether to prepare myself for death or not." Tris said.

"Now is not the time for your sarcasm-" Kingsley started.

"It wasn't sarcasm, Kingsley." Tris said as her tone of voice lowered into a whisper. She looked down at her feet and then grabbed her coffee mug before turning around and heading up the stairs and into her bedroom. Kingsley now wore a frown on his face and felt bad for the young witch.

She didn't deserve this. Everyone knew it. Kingsley now walked back into the room and continued on with the meeting while Marlee went upstairs to check on her cousin. Opening the door, Marlee saw Tris sitting on her bed fiddling around with the necklace George had given her a few years back. She missed him, and she wondered if he missed her at all.

Marlee then took a seat beside her and placed her hand on her shoulder. Feeling the comfort of her best friend, Tris then broke down in tears. She was so ready for the battle to be over. She wanted to feel free once again but she knew it wasn't going to be easy. As she sat there in tears, Marlee said no words and continued comforting her.

A few minutes later, Remus and Tonks came into the room. They saw their daughter in tears, but Tris wiped them away quickly before looking back up at her parents. Remus and Tonks wanted to walk away and let their daughter be but they knew she had to know what plans were going on that night.