Chapter 35

After their Christmas Break was over, it was now time to focus on the second task of the Triwizard Tournament.

After classes were over the next day after Christmas, the golden trio, along with Tris and Ginny, went into the library trying to figure out what the clue to the next task was about. "Come seek us where our voices sound. We cannot sing above the ground." Harry said. "It must be at the Black Lake." Hermione guessed. "An hour long you'll have to look, to recover what we took." Harry went on to say. "So someone or something has something of yours?" Ginny said.

"An hour long? So you have to find a way to hold your breath underwater for an hour to find something that someone took of yours?" Tris said with a puzzled look on her face. "Bloody hell Harry. How are you supposed to hold your breath underwater for an hour?" Ron said as he looked down at Harry who was now laying his head on the desk in front of him.

"It'll be fine Harry. We'll help you figure it out." Ginny said as she sat next to Harry and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. He looked up at her and smiled before all of them started searching in the library books for a way to help Harry hold his breath underwater for that long.

In the distance, Tris saw out of the corner of her eye Professor McGonagall and Viktor Krum talking quietly. She saw Professor McGonagall point at her direction but she turned her focus back on the books in front of her. She wanted nothing to do with Viktor.

Moments later Professor McGonagall came walking up to the group of Gryffindors. They all stopped what they were doing and turned their attention to their Head of House. "Mr. Weasley, and Miss Lupin, come with me please." the professor said. "But, we're trying to help Harry find a way to-" "No buts, Miss Lupin. Follow me please." she said as she walked away and led the two students out of the library.

"Sorry Harry." Tris said as she followed them both out of the library. Walking out of the library, the two Gryffindors followed their head of house down the halls in silence and confusion. As they turned the corner they all figured out where they were heading. They were all walking towards Dumbledore's office.

"Are we in trouble, Professor?" Tris decided to ask. "No Miss Lupin, you two were chosen as the participants for the next task of the tournament by the champions, along with Miss Pevensie and Miss Delacour." McGonagall said. The three students looked at each other in disbelief. Why would they be participating in the tournament?

A bigger question was on Trista's mind. George wasn't in the tournament. So who would have chosen her to participate in the tournament? "Chosen for the tournament? But why would they choose us and who chose us?" Ron said. "They didn't exactly choose you, Mr. Weasley. We asked each champion who their closest friend was or who they cared for greatly and you two were their answers." she replied. "Who's answers, Professor?" Tris asked in confusion. "Mr. Potter and Mr. Krum." she said.

Trista's eyes then grew wide and couldn't believe that Viktor had chosen her. She rejected him too many times and she was dating George! How could he be so selfish and bitter! She felt like she could pitch him off the Astronomy Tower if she could get her hands on him.

"But Professor, I don't have any feelings for Krum!" Tris said. Before she could try to plead her case, McGonagall told them to shush. As Tris and Ron walked side by side down the halls, Ron gave Tris a sympathetic look. They turned a corner and down the hallway was George and Fred. He turned and saw that Tris and Ron were being escorted by McGonagall and he ran over to them.

"Ah ah ah! Not now Mr. Weasley. We have things to do before the start of the tournament. And before you ask, no they are not in any trouble. Now if you excuse us, Professor Dumbledore is waiting." McGonagall said as she walked passed George with a stern look on her face. "Come you two." she said as she noticed Ron and Tris were trying to explain to George what was going on.