Just A Job PT2

Kate had been working for Johnny Depp now for about 3 weeks, there where times that Johnny would stand close behind her or put his hand on her back as they entered somewhere. She would be lying if she said she didn't enjoy it but he was her boss and she didn't want to be known as one of those that you read about sleeping with there boss.

That thought ran through Kate's mind over and over as she got dressed for work that morning. She looked into the mirror. Her eyes were bright, Kate fixed her hair, then gulped as she looked at her watch. It was 8am. Johnny was going to call her any minute.

Where are you? - Johnny

She knew that text was coming. After all, Kate was late for work. Kate sighed, and told him she'd have to be late, but the moment she sent the message, she got one back from Johnny... not a minute later.

No worries, I'll come for you myself. - Johnny.

Of course he would. Kate shook her head and put her phone in her bag before going downstairs to wait. A black car pulled up not 20 minutes later, and Kate got in, sitting directly next to Johnny as he was texting.

"I'm sorry I'm late, sir. I woke up late and-" Kate tried to say.

"It's fine," Johnny finished his email, then smiled at Kate, who was looking back at him nervously. "You've never been late before, so I won't hold it against you. Just let me know if you ever need a ride, I'll come and get you, no matter what."

Fuck. Kate hated that he made her heart flutter. She hated the way he smiled at her while he said it, or his hand that went onto Kate's knee, and caressed softly. Kate gulped, no this isn't happening, she didn't want be getting horny by her boss by just his touch. She gently moved her knee away, hoping that Johnny wouldn't notice... but fuck... he noticed. He looked down at Kate, who scooted over to make space between them. Johnny didn't say anything but his look said it all. He was hurt or maybe pissed. Kate understood it but at the same time...

She was relieved.

The feelings she had for this man, her boss, wasn't something she should be feeling after three weeks, so if Kate needed to do whatever it takes in his power to keep herself away from Johnny then so be it.

"So," Johnny cleared his throat and looked over at Kate, "It's Friday, got any plans for tonight?"

"Uhh.." Kate decided she needed to lie, "Uh, yeah, I'm going out with my friend Sami, he works on the lighting at the movie studio? He's cool only going for a drink." Kate fidgeted near the car door, suddenly the air seemed tight in the back seat as Johnny nodded, and looked away.

"Ahh, well then. Have fun."

Johnny's "have fun" sounded so cold. Kate knew he was upset but he had to understand this was for their own good. Them fucking, was only going to turn into something she knew Johnny didn't want so she had to let him go... it was the only way.

By noon, Johnny sent Kate on her break. He barely said two words to her all morning. She kept telling herself this was for Johnny's own good but she was starting to think that was a lie. Kate sat with Sami in the cafeteria, looking idly across the room as thoughts of Johnny filled his head.

"Damn, you got it bad don't you," Sami whispered as he ate a chip from Kate's plate.

"Got it what?" Kate asked back when he snapped out of it.

"Everyone in this company is too afraid to look at Johnny because he's intimidating. But I'm not... I can see through his tough façade... and I see the way he looks at you, Kate. And I also know you. I see that hopeless look on your face every time he enters a room. She smiled then moved closer to Sami so they could talk, as she leaned in and got lost in the conversation Kate didn't notice Johnny walking past.

He stopped to see Kate smiling with Sami, and Johnny felt his jealousy rising. He turned away, his expensive shoes click clacking on the floor as he waited for the elevator.

"Oh shit, it's almost 1. I should go before he texts me," Kate noticed the time then got up to throw her stuff away, "Thanks for the talk Sam, I'll see you later."

"I bet you 5 bucks you won't see me later, you'll have your hands.. full," Sami joked before he waved goodbye to Kate. She walked in the direction of the elevators and there Kate saw Johnny waiting for one. Kate came up beside him, and smiled, but didn't receive one back. She tried to keep her emotions at bay as they entered the elevator together and the floors began passing by.

"Thanks for letting me go early to lunch," Kate said to him, "I usually never get to see Sami during work so I'm glad I got too. Thank you again."

"You're welcome," Johnny told her, while placing his hands in his expensive pockets, "I'm glad you got to see your boyfriend during work hours too."

Wait.. what? Boyfriend?

Did Kate hear that correctly?

Johnny thought Sami was her boyfriend?

"What?" Kate shook her head, "Sir, we're not dating, Sami is my friend besides I..." Kate couldn't find the words. How could she tell him that she only had feelings, eyes, and body for him? How could she tell that to her boss?

"Really? You could've fooled me," Johnny laughed humourlessly. The bell dinged once it reached the top floor, the door opened and that's when Johnny turned to Kate and gave her a look, "I'll make sure to tell him how good you are in bed when I fire him." Johnny stomped off after that and Kate followed, hurrying behind him. She said nothing until they got to Johnny's office and the doors were firmly closed behind him.

"You can't fire Sami he needs this job, Johnny please I'm not seeing him, and how would the fuck would you know how I am in bed, look your only my boss what I do outside of work is nothing to do with you, so long as I do my job and your satisfied with my work then that is what you should be bothered about. I do not go on at you about who I see you with then I should get the same respect back''.

Kate turned round and opened the door to the office and said ''Mr Depp your my boss that is all, your not my keeper, who I see is none of your damn business, if you are concerned for me then that is different and thank you but don't ever tell me who I can be seen with again''.

Kate walked back to her desk, Johnny knew she was right he didn't have right to tell her who she could or couldn't see, but he was falling for her but from her reaction looks like she doesn't feel the same. Johnny watched Kate walk away.