Sneeking You Out At Night

George looked back down at his watch. He knew he should be heading home already, so he said goodbye to the ghost and promised to come back for him that night, then he left. George took his time getting home, he knew Alex would understand that he was just late in getting home, so he didn't worry about hurrying.

George got home, and Alex was already gone of to work. George remembered that Alex had to leave earlier on Sunday's because of how short staffed his work place was. Alex had worked as a coffee maker in a small Café for as long as he had been able to work. George knew how much Alex loved the cozy little Café because of how good he was at his job, he would come home and make George the only coffee he would drink, plain black coffee. Alex had always enjoyed a wide variety of coffee, so he never once had the same thing two days in a row.

George decided to make some lunch for himself, being the better cook of the two, and brought it up to his room to do some work. He set the food on his desk before grabbing the little stuffed toy off his bed and hugging it to his chest. He then brought the little toy over to his desk and sat at his chair before putting the little blob toy in his lap to face his computer, witch he then opened and logged on to.

George had finished his work a while ago, and Alex had not yet returned home. George decided to clean their house, so he grabbed a broom and began sweeping the downstairs. His years of being a janitor for a restaurant coming back to him. In no time, the first floor of the two story house George shared with his roommate was spotless, so he moved upstairs. He swept the hallway, and then cleaned the bathroom, and soon started in Alex's room. Alex had a very modern style to his room, white walls, a floating bed frame, led lights that he always left blue, and a framed closet made of a dark wood like the bed frame. Much to George's surprise, Alex had kept his room much cleaner than he used to, when George would scold him for the terrible smell and the dirty cloths all over the floor. This time though, Alex took care to keep his room from getting to bad.

George finished in Alex's room, so he moved on to his. George's room was really plain compared to Alex's. He only had a bed, desk, wardrobe and tv with a very old style to it. It was not a very big room, but it was George's, and he liked it. George cleaned the few messy things in his room, and took down his and Alex's laundry to clean. He spent the rest of the morning until Alex got home finishing up laundry, until it was 7:00 in the afternoon.

George and Alex had just finished their meal and as Alex cleaned their dishes, George went up to his room to grab the old skeleton key. When he came back down stairs, Alex gave him a puzzled look.

"I'm going out, I'll probably be back after you've went to bed." George told him.

"Alright man, I won't question you." Alex responded.

So George walked out the door. He took his time getting to the train tracks because it was still pretty light outside. He slowly walked along the path created by the train tracks until he reached the old path. He took one final look back up at the low sun, and began down the path. When he reached the old arcade, the sun was just beginning to set. The late summer sunset was gorgeous to George, and he could wait to walk through the night with Dream.

George opened the door to the old arcade and walked in. He saw Dream sitting on the same table that he had the day before with his legs dangling infront of him and his arms holding him up behind him. George's face had a subtle light pink glow to it that Dream couldn't see.

"Hey Dream." George greeted the ghost.

"Hey cutie! Is it time to leave yet? I haven't been outside in so long!" The enthusiastic ghost replied.

"Not yet, let it get a little later so we can catch the last of the sunset." George said.

"Aw, fine. What do you want to do in the meantime?" Dream fake pouted.

The two decided on exploring around the arcade, so Dream showed George all of the fun secrets that the old arcade had to offer. They went to the storage room first, and looked at all of the mechanical equipment that was there for repairing broken game consoles. Then they looked at the kitchen, and found old pizza making supplies.

The two explored the old arcade and all of its mysteries until George said that it would be safe for the two to leave. George was the first to step outside of course, but Dream hesitantly followed right behind him. As soon as the ghost was outside though, he jumped and ran and climbed a tree in excitement. George laughed up at the happy Dream sitting on a large tree branch, and told him that there was more he had to show Dream.

"This is just the beginning of cool things that you have to see!" George told his ghost friend, before they began down the old path out of the woods.