Train Tracks

As the group fought through the wind, they finally reached the train tracks. George stopped the group, they took a small break from walking to look around at the quiet neighborhood. Wind screamed through the trees as snow began to subtley fall from the clouds. The houses at the end of the neighborhood were completely deserted, there was no sighn of any life anywhere, not even ghost life.

Alex glanced over at the train tracks that they still had to cross, they looked like they reached much farther then they had previously. To Alex, they looked like they went on forever beyond the fog left by the snowfall. He looked to where he expected the little hidden path to the arcade would be, but all he saw was dense forest.

"Is it just me, or does this area looked different?" Dream asked, breaking the uncomfortable silence that had fallen apon the group.

"I was just thinking that, I can't see the path to the arcade, and the train tracks look like they go so much farther away." Alex replied, gesturing beyond where the train tracks broke off and stopped at where the path should be.

"We shouldn't stand here too long. Come on, let's get moving." George said, disregarding the worry of his friends, and himself.

And so the group pushed on, fighting the wind as they rounded the corner and began their jurny along the train tracks. They walked to where the path should be, and were met with a particularly wide tree grown right in the senter of were the path would have been. George examined the tree as Karl peered off into the distant fog.

"Maybe we just didn't walk far enough, the cold could be getting to our heads." Dream suggested.

"Yeah. Yeah you're right. We just need to keep walking for a bit longer." Alex agreed.

"Alright, I guess." George mumbled, unsure of their decision.

They began walking once more, they walked for what seemed like ages, eventually being swallowed into the fog. As they journeyed farther into the fog, Karl spotted something off in the distance. He urged the group on, long after they had expected to be walking, his curiosity getting the better of him.

As Karl urged everyone on, Dream began to see why. He couldn't take his eyes off of the strange thing in the far distance as the wind got harder to fight.

"Karl, could we maybe stop for a second to warm up? I'm sure whatever you are going crazy over will still be there when we get to it." Alex asked, desperate to warm up before they continued.

After a lot of convincing, Karl reluctantly agreed and the group dipped behind a few trees out of the wind.

"Are you also seeing the weird box looking thing out there?" Karl whispered to to Dream, sensing his unease at the idea of stopping.

"Yeah actually, I figured that was what we were going to. It gives me weird vibes." Dream shivered.

"Yeah. Same here." Karl whispered.