How Old Are You?

The thre sat and talked and eventually finished their coffee. Alex has taken a liking to Clay, and Clay was happy that George's roommate didn't hate him. After the two had been acquainted, Alex had to go to work, so George and Dream were sitting on George's bed making jokes back and forth and laughing. George was hugging the little stuffed toy close, he was still wearing Dream's hoodie. Dream loved the way that he looked in the oversized hoodie, he wanted him to wear it more.

"Hey, do you think we should tell Alex about the arcade? Not about me being dead yet, but just take him to see?" Dream asked hesitantly.

"I mean I guess that's up to you huh? I mean it is kinda your home, right?"

"Yeah, I guess you're right. We should show it to him, I don't see any reason why he can't know about the arcade. Especially considering, he has no way of getting in it without your key or mine."

"Yeah, you have a good point. So tonight then?" George asked.

"Yeah, if that works for him and you of course."

George still had to get some work done for the day, so he left Dream to wander around and do whatever he wanted while George sat at his computer. When he was finished with his work for the day, he went downstairs to see the ghost staring at their flat-screen TV in amazement. George giggled in amusement, remembering that the ghost was from the 80's, and showed him how to turn it on.

The two sat and watched TV for the rest of the day, occasionally changing chanals and making the ghosts eyes grow even bigger. George quickly found that Dream's favorite TV shows were children's cartoons. It made him question something.

"Hey Dream? How old were you when you died?" George asked the ghost.

"Hm, well I was probably 10 when I died, but that was around 20 years ago, so I guess that would make me 30, however I'm not completely sure because human years are a lot longer than ghost years. I died in '99."

"What do you mean human years are longer than a ghosts years?"

"Well in ghost years I'm 48, but in human years I'm actually probably only 22. I don't know how accurate that is, but that's the best answer I can give."

George absorbed the information, double checking on the ghosts math before he concluded that the ghost was in fact 22 in human years. He remembered telling Alex that Dream had been older than him, but that was only true if they were using ghost years. In fact, George was almost 3 years older than Dream.