In The Stars - Benson Boone

Love this song and think it fits well.

Ranboo turned his gaze to the newly awoken Tubbo on the floor beside him. In Tubbo's still half-asleep state, he rolled over and accidentally punched Tommy. Tommy shot up from his spot on the floor, panic in his sleepy eyes.

Ranboo and Dream watched the scene unfold in front of them, Tubbo was staring at Tommy, who was looking around the room frantically. After a few minutes Tommy seemed to re-gain his knowledge on the room he was in. Tubbo sighed in relief as Tommy calmed down.

"What the hell Tubbo?" Tommy croaked, his voice deep and thick with sleep.

"Sorry Toms, it was an accident," Tubbo whispered back.

"I'm sorry, did we wake you?" Ranboo asked despite Dream's pleas for silence.

"Y-yeah. You were singing," Tubbo stated, "you have a nice voice." Tubbo yawned quietly.

"Sorry to wake you, I think you should go back to bed." Dream said from behind Ranboo, making himself appear invisible to the two on the floor. "You as well Ranboo, get some sleep it's late."

"Nah, I wanna hear you sing some more," Tubbo said sweetly.

A light blush illuminated Ranboo's cheek's, his vitiligo being prominent in the dim light.

"I don't know."

"C'mon, please?" Tommy said, surprising even himself. "It can't be that hard, ya just gotta not be a pussy and actually do it."

"Dream?" Ranboo turned to the man with his guitar, "help?"

"You're on your own, they want you," Dream said smiling.

"Nuh uh, nice try. You too, you're voices harmonize very well," Tubbo demanded.

"Jesus you put the 'tubbo' in stubborn," Ranboo sighed shaking his head.

"Theee is no 'tubbo' in stubborn?"

"Oh, I forgot you're dyslexic," Ranboo replied smiling. "I really don't think we have a choice Dream."

"As long as you two don't talk about this to the others," Dream replied, giving up on arguing.

"Lips are sealed, now quit stalling," Tommy whispered impatiently, crossing his legs in a seated position.

"But, what should we sing?" Ranboo asked to the two-person crowd.

Song time!!

"Sunday mornings were your favorite
I used to meet you down on Woods Creek Road
You did your hair up like you were famous
Even though it's only church where we were going," Dream began, startling the others.

Ranbo looked at him confused.

Improvise Dream mouthed.

Ranbo took a deep breath before shaking off his nerves and starting, "Now Sunday mornings, I just sleep in
It's like I buried my faith with you
I'm screaming at a God, I don't know if I believe in
'Cause I don't know what else I can do."

Dream smiled, strumming chords on his guitar to the song. "I'm still holding on to everything that's dead and gone, I don't wanna say goodbye 'cause this one means forever."

"Now you're in the stars and six feet's never felt so far
Here I am alone between the heavens and the embers
Oh, it hurts so hard for a million different reasons
You took the best of my heart and left the rest in pieces," Ranboo felt himself getting lost in the music.

"Digging through your old birthday letters
A crumpled twenty still in the box
I don't think that I could ever find a way to spend it
Even if it's the last twenty that I've got," Dream let his mind wander to thoughts of her, he smiled at the memories, before brushing them out of his mind and returning to his reality.

Ranboo smiled at his friends, their wide eyes shining, "Oh, I'm still holding on to everything that's dead and gone, I don't wanna say goodbye 'cause this one means forever."

"Now you're in the stars and six feet's never felt so far
Here I am alone between the heavens and the embers
Oh, it hurts so hard for a million different reasons
You took the best of my heart and left the rest in pieces," Dream focused on his guitar, keeping himself lost in his reality and avoiding his mind.

"I'm still holding (on), holding (on), holding on
I'm still holding (on), holding (on), holding on
I'm still holding (on), holding (on), I'm still holding on
I'm still, ooh, still holding on," Tubbo and Tommy sang softly, joining in just for the fun of it.

"I'm still holding on to everything that's dead and gone
I don't wanna say goodbye 'cause this one means forever
Now you're in the stars and six feet's never felt so far
Here I am alone between the heavens and the embers
Oh, it hurts so hard for a million different reasons
You took the best of my heart and left the rest in pieces," The four voices melted together in a sweet melody, a harmony created from 1,000 voices combined down into four unique tones.

One voice deep and groggy from being awoken, another high and full of star struck excitement. One voice quiet and silky, inexperienced yet well aged like fine wine. And the last voice, the lead, melodic and full of emotion perfectly mixed into the honey-like sweet of his song.

The group harmonized magically, their voices mixing together and creating a song impossible to recreate. After the song was finished, Tubbo and Tommy quickly fell back into a deep sleep, Ranboo following shortly behind.

Dream slowly rose from his seat, returned his guitar to the back room, and climbed into his claw machine. He slowly allowed sleep to pull him into the same unforgiving nightmare that he would never be able to escape from.