Party

Tw! Heavy drinking and partying.

"So what do you do at these house parties?" Karl asked

"Well, we normally drink, smoke, little bit of drugs sometimes, and play poker."

"Sounds like a blast!"

"Yeah, and sometimes if we get lucky, we can get Techno to have a drink and join us. Those nights are the most fun. He only plays Texas hold 'em though." Alex said, remembering his favorite night with Techno.

"Does your boss come normally?"

"Oh all the time, hell he normally beats everyone's ass at poker. He's a fun drunk."

"I'm not, last time I got drunk at the opening part for this place I almost burned it down, and somehow got Spaghetti on the ceiling." Karl giggled at the memory.

The two talked for a half hour about Wilbur's house parties, laughing and making jokes.

"Come to think of it," Alex said, "I'm pretty sure Wil's hosting a party tonight."

"Are you going?" Karl asked, feeling left out.

"Only if you come with. We can tell George I've got the night shift and you wanted to see the Café."

"I'd love to!" Karl practically yelled.

"I'll ask him what time it is."

Alex sent Wilbur a quick message, receiving a reply right away.

Big Q
Yo, what time's the party tonite?

Wil
In about an hour n a haf, you coming?

Big Q
Yea, bringin a guest, so tell Techno we'll play Texas hold 'em so he joins.

Wil
Aight bet, see ya there man

Big Q
Se ya

"Yeah, so we got an hour and a half till it starts, but we'd have to go get the car, his place is on the other side of town."

"Well we better get going then."

"Yeah." Alex said, standing to put his coat on.

Alex walked over to the table Dream and George sat at.

"Hey, I just remembered I got the night sift at the Café again, Karl wants to cone check the place out, so he's gonna come with."

"Oh, alright." George said smiling, "drive safe, we will be here when you get off."

"Sure, thanks."

And with that, Alex lead Karl out the door. The wind had died down quite a lot, Sotheby's had no trouble getting back to the house. They took their time though, seeing that it would be an easy drive.

"So," Karl said trying to fill the silence, "why do you like to gamble?"

"I guess I just have good luck. I don't know, it sounds stupid."

"No really, I'm quite interested." Karl said, trying to better understand Alex.

"I guess I just feel like in another life I'm supposed to be more than just a barista, like maybe I should own a casino."

"That would be realy fun. I know Nick said once that he would like that job."

The two eventually made it to Wilbur's house, listening to Alex's favorite playlist on the way. They were a bit late, so when they walked in the place was pretty full. Alex walked in like he belonged, and Karl followed behind, staying as close to Alex as possible.