Day Of Fun

"Damn it, you lucky little shit!"

Karl smiled at the angry man. Everyone had woken up and were in Wilbur's basement playing team pool. Techno and Wilbur as solids vs Alex and Karl as stripes. It was Karl's turn and he had just dropped his fourth ball in a row in the pocket. No one had realized Techno was still in the house until they had found him in the kitchen with a cup of hot black coffee. The cup was now long since forgotten as Techno was pulled into a game of pool.

"I guess I'm just too good." Karl said with a smile.

"I made a good choice teaming with you Karl."

Karl missed his sixth shot, making it Techno's turn. Techno grabbed the chalk of the wall, he rubbed the end of his stick against the chalk until it turned blue. Without a word, Techno lined up his shot at the closest ball and hit. By the time Techno was done with his turn, there was only two of their color left not including the 8 ball. Techno said nothing as he sat down with his stick leaning against the wall.

Karl hadn't noticed the night before, but Techno had a tattoo on his left hand that traced the bones in his fingers and wrist. It was long since faded and discolored, probably from his late high school years, but it was cool to Karl.

Alex took his turn, hitting in the last one of their normal balls and purposely missing a shot at the 8 ball because of Wilbur and Techno's ball that was in the way. Wilbur missed his shot, and was cussing loudly as the white ball dropped into the pocket.

"HAH! YOU SCRATCHED!" Alex shouted.

Karl took the white ball from the drop table and lined it up how he wanted it. He placed the ball gently in a carefully calculated spot on the table. Alex shot him a confused look and Karl just greeted him with a smile.

"This pocket," Karl said, pointing to the hole on the right of the ball. Everyone stared at him in confusion, he had set the ball up for a shot at one of the pockets on the opposite side, but had pointed to the one on the far right of the ball.

Karl lined up his shot carefully, and hit the white ball as hard as he could at the 8 ball. It was sent flying across the table and slammed against the opposite side, ricocheting back and landing in the pocket Karl had pointed at. The white ball rolled to a stop in the direct middle of the table.

Alex and Wilbur's jaws dropped, and a look of almost surprise crossed Techno's stern face. Karl just stood beside Alex smiling, he didn't seem to understand everyone's surprise.

"Sorry, I should have warned you guys about my history with pool," Karl said, still smiling.

"How in the hell did you do that?!" Wilbur yelled.

"I'm just good." Karl said cockily.

"Hey, how about we play darts instead?" Alex suggested, not wanting Wilbur to yell.

Wilbur walked over to his dart board and grabbed twelve darts from their pocket. He handed out three to everyone and took his turn. After a solid hour of playing darts and Karl beating everyone, they gave up on games.

"How the fuck are you so good at like literally everything?!" Wilbur yelled angrily.

"I don't know, I had a friend that had a party room like this, it had a poker table, chess and checkers set, pool table, darts, you name it. I guess I just learned to beat a drunk cheater." Karl responded, "not that I was ever allowed to win." He mumbled.

"What was that?" Alex asked. He was standing right next to Karl, but it had become clear to Alex that Karl was suspiciously good at being quiet.

"O-oh, nothing! I was just thinking. We should play truth or dare." Karl quickly tried to change the subject.

"I'm down." Alex said in response.

"Sure why not?" Wilbur sat on the floor next to Karl.

"Ian that game for like five year olds?" Techno said.

"Oh come on Techno, don't be a party pooper." Wilbur said to his brother.

After a bit of convincing, Techno reluctantly sat down in the open spot in the small circle. The first few rounds went fine, with Wilbur taking a shot of toilet water, curtesy of Techno as revenge for making him join, and Alex who had to eat a spoonful of expired beans because Karl thought it would be funny.

"Karl, truth or dare?" Alex asked.

"Nope, not falling for that. Truth." He said, avoiding the rath of Alex's revenge.

"Damn it! Hmm, why are you so quiet?" Alex asked, a genuine question that had crossed his mind multiple times in the past.

Karl was silent for a minute, and then shook his head as if returning from being lost in thought. "Let's just say, my 'friend' got angry with me easily." Karl said, avoiding properly answering the question. "Let's just move on." He said cheerfully, avoiding making eye contact with the sorrow filled looks.

The group played until the sun began to set behind the hills. They just sat enjoying themselves, not caring about their troubles and completely forgetting about George, Dream, and the other three at the arcade.