A Graveyard

After a few rounds of hide and seek, the group got bored and began just mindlessly walking around the woods. They found that they had strayed far from that path that led out the back of the arcade into the dense woods. George figured it was to late for them to turn back, as they had already explored so far from the arcade, so he led the group farther into the woods, looking around to see strange markings on trees and black spots in the dirt.

Karl was never the person to like scary things. He hated everything about the woods they were exploring and the scary things that he kept seeing. He stayed tight to the middle of the group, making sure he always had a way to run, before he remembered that he couldn't die twice and had no reason to be scared anymore. He thought for a minute, before agreeing that if anything came tears him, they would be scared of him before the other way around.

George continued leading the group, loving the eery feeling of the surrounding area. The others followed behind, figuring it was better to go with others into the woods than to stay somewhere by themselves or go back to the arcade alone. So they all continued walking, Dream running infront of George to lead. They waked past fallentrees and rotten wood logs until Dream abruptly stopped, causing everyone to run into him and each other.

"What the hell Clay?" George asked, holding his head in his hand.

Dream was speechless. He couldn't move, couldn't speak, couldn't breathe at the horrible sight. The group all stood, staring past their frightened friend. The four of them stood infront of the entrance to an old and long abandoned graveyard. There was a tall metal arch with a wooden sign that had once been inscribed with a name bit had now been taken over by leaf covered vines. There were old cracked headstones scattered about and an old tree at the far side. The whole thing was enclosed by an old spike covered black metal fence.

Karl gasped, he grabbed Alex's hand out of fear and squeezed it. Alex squeezed back, in shock himself, and Gerge hugged Dream's waist. The area surrounding the graveyard looked completely unharmed, but the entire inside of the fence was torn up and destroyed. There were shattered headstones, dug up graves, torn up grass and things missing. The entire place looked like it had been hit by a tornado. There was shards of gravel scattered around the entire place, the path down the middle had been made of small river stones, but they had long sense been broken and destroyed like the rest of the old graveyard.

The group stood, unsure of what to do. George was the first to turn to look the group before walking through the archway into the graveyard. Dream slowly broke from his trance and ran I'm after George. Alex glanced over at the ghost standing beside him, still holding his hand. He gave Karl an unsure but kind smile before they started in after the others. They al slowly began walking around the old arcade, looking around for something, anything that would tell them what had happened in the old place.

There was something strange about the graveyard, Dream seemed to be the only one to notice, but the ground was still soft, and the upturned dirt was still fresh. Karl and Alex had separated from each other, and now Karl was walking hesitantly up to the old tree. When he got to the tree, he saw a clean and well taken car of grave. The dirt was packed down nicely, the headstone was clean and set, unlike the molded and sunken headstones on the rest of the graves.

He knew it was weird, looking up at the tree he saw that it was just an old oak. Nick's favorite, he realized. He looked back down at the headstone, he nelt down to read the name, but what he saw shocked him to his core. The other three heard his gasp from all areas inside of the fenced off graveyard, they quickly ran over to him, Alex neeling by his side to see what he was starting at. He stared wide eyed, unable to express or explain his shock to the two standing behind them.