21 - waiting game

*Ryan's POV*

I couldn't believe what a good day just turned into.

Poor Octavia doesn't deserve any of this, not one bit.

We both fell asleep sometime around 7:00, and we woke up around 12:00 AM.

She shifted out of my arms and grabbed her phone. She stood up and started calling someone.

"Who are you calling?" I ask as she paces the room.

"Brayden, seeing if he can come and keep us company. And because I don't know who else to call." She tells me and I nod.

"Brayden says he'll be coming in the morning." Octavia says sniffling.

"Wanna get some food?" I ask her standing up.

She nods and I wrap my arm around her waist as she wipes her tears away.

"Shit, my makeup." She whispers looking at the mascara that was left on her hands.

"I'm sure there's a store somewhere here that sells basic things, we can find one?" I suggest to her as she nods.

We find a little store that sells snacks, drinks, hair stuff, makeup, it's basically a drugstore but in the hospital.

Octavia finds her makeup wipes and we purchase them. Then she wipes off her makeup.

"I'm sorry I'll be looking like shit for the next week probably." She says nervously laughing at herself.

"You look fine, stop worrying about your appearance." I say to her.

Then we head to the cafe and grab stuff to eat.

"Go sit down, I'll get you food." I say motioning Octavia to a table.

She sits down and I start looking for food options.

I find myself a fruit bowl and a vegan slice of pizza. I know it's a strange combo, but I don't care.

Then I get Octavia some fruit and almonds. She said she wasn't that hungry, so this way she got some protein and energy.

I sit down across from her and slide her the food I got her.

"Thanks, thanks for everything." She says with pauses in between words.

"For what?" I ask her as I put a forkful of fruit into my mouth.

"You don't have to be here, you never did. The first time you saw a sign of conflict you could've left, but you didn't. Thank you."

"Of course, I'd never just leave you, I'd feel so guilty."

But the thing is I want to be with you more than you know, but I just can't handle what my past did to me.

We are basically silent for the rest of us eating. She sniffled a lot, and tweeted out about how people should keep her father in her prayers.

We finish our food and we sit on our phones and we are surprised by someone sitting down with us.

*Octavia's POV*

"Hey buds." A familiar voice says.

I look to my right and see Brayden.

"Hi." I say forcing out of my mouth.

He could obviously tell I was on the verge of crying, so he opened his arms wide and brought me into a hug.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do." I cry into his shoulder.

"Shhh, it'll be okay." He assures me, even though I know it won't be.

We spend the next hour down in the cafe just sitting and talking very little.

I was drifting off to sleep when Ryan's voice woke me.

"Octavia, wake up." He shook me.

"They have news on your dad." He tells me.

I immediately jerk my head up and I stand up.

Brayden, Ryan and I follow the nurse to this other waiting room that we weren't in before.

"We have some bad news."

A/N

HOLY SHIT MAN AHBJFKLG;D