27 - old habits

*Octavia's POV*

-3 Days Later-

It's been 3 days since Ryan was here, and I was longing for his presence.

No, Octavia. He got a girl pregnant, a random girl.

A constant question stayed in my mind...

Did she keep the baby?

I pull out my phone and call someone for the first time in weeks.

I was going to confront Melanie about this.

The phone rang once and she instantly picked up.

"Octavia! It's you!" I could hear the smile in her voice.

"Hi.." I trail off.

I shake my head and remind myself why I was talking to her.

"Uh, Ryan told me what he uh, did to you." I feel awkward even though we aren't talking face-to-face.

It goes silent.

After what seems like forever, she finally speaks.

"Oh."

"I had a question, uhm. If you don't mind me asking...did you keep it? The baby I mean..."

"Are you pro life or pro choice?" She questions.

"Pro choice."

"No, I didn't keep it. I couldn't force him to be a father and I wasn't ready to be a mother. I wouldn't even want to have to tell the child they were a mistake. And having a child with someone who I really didn't care about wasn't on my agenda."

I nod and tell her I have to go. I couldn't take the awkwardness anymore.

I sigh and lay back on my bed.

My mind wanders to Ryan and the memories we had.

I want him right here, right now. I wanted his arms around me and giving me that tingling feeling when he said my name.

NO OCTAVIA. He got a girl pregnant. And he couldn't even put his past behind him for you, instead he let it ruin you and made you feel like you weren't good enough.

Then it occurred to me...

Maybe I'm not good enough.

I just wanted to forget about all these thoughts and start fresh with a new brain that was void of anything related to Ryan. And I didn't want to feel this guilt lurking in the back of my brain of dad.

I know a temporary relief...

I change into a black crop top that showed my belly button ring and black skinny jeans. I do my makeup and add jewelry. I brush my teeth and put on black vans.

I grab my keys and phone and rush to the place I went to before for an escape...

It was the Monroe Club.

I wasn't of age to drink, but I had a 'friend' there that let me drink because they did. I also had an ID anyways.

I drove off to this club still with Ryan on my head.

"Get the fuck out of my mind, you bastard." I whisper to myself through my clenched teeth.

I get there and it's 8:00 at night. I walked into the club as the moonlight shimmered against my skin.

They asked my my ID, so I showed my fake one. They ever so slightly glanced at it and let me through.

I take in my surroundings. Black lights illuminating the room making everything appear with a tint of purple, tons of people that seemed in their 20's, maybe some under-aged like me.

I didn't hesitate to sit at the bar.

A tall guy with brown hair and a charming smile walked over to me and asked me what I'd like to drink.

"Uh, I'll take a beer. Gimme the best you got." I flash a smile.

He smiles back and pulls out a cold, icy beer. He opens it for me and slides it my way.

"Thanks." I say taking my first sip of a drink in about 2 years.

"By the way, I can tell you're under-aged. You're too young looking to be in your 20's." He flashes me that devilish smirk.

I smirk and pull my finger up to my lips, 'shhh-ing' him. He giggles and serves other customers.

I finished that drink and felt the urge for more.

I waved my hand, motioning for the brown haired guy to come my way.

"I'll take another beer."

"My name's Ryan, by the way."

Shit.

Thoughts of my Ryan starting filling my head.

"Just kidding, make that a whiskey."

"Damn, trying to get something off your mind?" He laughs.

"Actually yeah, you have the same name as him." I roll my eyes.

"Oh, sorry. You can call me Cody if that helps." He says pouring my drink.

I laugh and start drinking some more.

I guess my body grew immune to the alcohol, because I wasn't feeling even a bit tipsy yet.

This may take a while.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed, please share with friends bc that'd be real noice of you :D