24 - gone

*Octavia's POV*

-The Next Morning-

I woke up to the sun shining in my face and saw Ryan cuddled up next to me.

He stayed the night because he didn't want to leave me alone.

I'm glad he didn't.

I stretched and almost forgot that my dad was most likely going to die today or tomorrow.

But all the worries came rushing back into my mind.

I showered and got dressed in leggings and a sweatshirt. I wasn't trying to please anyone, so why not be comfortable?

"Hey." Ryan says walking into the bathroom as I put up my hair. His hair is all messed up and he still looks exhausted.

"You don't look so good." I say looking at him through the mirror.

"I was up until 4 AM." He says rubbing his face.

"Why were you up that late?!" I turn and face him.

"I was thinking of what I- I was just thinking." He stutters.

I shrug it off and let him use the bathroom.

I hated this feeling. The feeling of waiting for that call from the hospital to tell me that my father died.

He comes back out to the kitchen where I was seated at the island.

"Wanna go to get coffee and then the hospital?" He walks out looking 10x better and more awake than before.

I smile. "Yeah, yeah let's go."

We got our coffee and were now headed to the hospital. We've gotten to know this place a bit, which isn't a good thing.

We get to my father's room but the door says 'Quarentine' and there are doctors scurrying all over the place.

Next thing I know they are pushing him on his hospital bed to an emergency surgery room.

I run up to one of the doctors.

"What the hell is going on?!" I shout.

His face is stunned. "You can't be back here!" And he presses a button on something and 2 nurses came to us, dragging us out of the way.

"Can someone tell me what is going on?!" I shout again.

"Your father caught an infection in his lung, we don't think he'll make it." She tells us as she escorts us to the waiting room outside of the emergency surguries' rooms.

I pace back and forth not knowing what to do. My breathing grows heavy and tears well up in my eyes.

"Ry-Ryan. I-I d-don't know what to do." I walk over to him. He hugs me tightly.

I totally fall apart. Ryan's still holding me when a nurse rushes to us with sorrow on her face.

We both turn and face her with hope in our eyes, but we know it's no use.

"Octavia, y-your father has passed." She says looking down at her feet.

*Ryan's POV*

"Octavia, y-your father has passed."

Octavia immediately breaks down. I don't know what to say, what does one say?

Instead of speaking, I just held her in my arms and 'shh-ed' her to calm her down.

Her cries made me feel so devastated, I somehow felt like a part of this was my fault even though it wasn't.

This poor girl deserves so much, and this is what she gets?