22 - try to keep it positive

*Octavia's POV*

"We have some bad news." I hear the nurse say to the three of us as she closes the door to the room.

Ryan's hand finds mine and I hold his hand tight.

"Your father just came out of emergency surgery to help with bleeding. We were able to stop the bleeding...For now. The bleeding is overwhelming. We don't know how long he can go with this temporary way of stopping the bleeding, but his lung is punctured severely."

I rest my head on Ryan's shoulder and start crying. Ryan sets his head on top of mine.

"Sweetheart, we aren't sure what will happen at this point. But I suggest going home and getting some good rest. You have some great friends by your side. We'll contact you as soon as we get some news." She says.

"Alright, thank you." Brayden says looking up at her.

She says a few more things and we head to my place.

The whole drive I rested my head on my hand and looked out the window. It had been raining all day.

I'd be able to enjoy the rain if this shit wasn't going on.

We get to my apartment and Brayden and Ryan follow after me into my room.

I go into the bathroom and shower. I change into shorts and a long t-shirt.

I come back into my room and see Brayden and Ryan talking.

*Ryan's POV*

"Dude, you need to tell her." Brayden whispers to me.

"Are you fucking crazy? She could totally hate me, and with everything that's going on with her dad right now? I need her to trust me and I can't have her hating me."

"Fine. Well, wh- Hey Oct! How you feelin'?" Brayden changes the subject abruptly and looks at Octavia who was standing in the doorway.

How long had she been there?

I smile and hope she didn't just hear our conversation.

"I'm o-okay, I guess." She stutters and throws her old clothes in her hamper.

She glances back at the hamper and stands there as if she was thinking.

"I'm gonna go do laundry. Brayden wanna come help?" She asks turning towards him.

He's a little thrown off, so he hesitates to say 'sure.'

They both head down to the laundry room and I just sit around thinking.

I'm going to tell her after this whole thing passes, I will.

If she doesn't take it well, I don't know what I'll do.

*Octavia's POV*

I didn't ask Ryan to come help because I know Ryan is keeping something from me, and I can't think of that. Not now, at least.

"Alright, most of this is dark colors, so we'll do that." I say trying to sound calm.

Brayden nods and starts loading stuff in the one washer.

I make sure to handle my bra and underwear, because otherwise that'd be weird.

"How are you?" Brayden asks as if he really cared.

I scoff at him.

"You don't really care, so I'll save my breath."

Shit. That was really rude.

"Shit, I'm sorry Brayd. You know this whole thing is stressing me out and I don't know how to handle it, I'm scared, worried, and I just-I don't know." I ramble on and on as Brayden pulls me into a tight hug.

He puts his hand on my head.

"It's alright, we're always going to be here for you. Don't worry. Your dad loves you and doesn't want to see you like this. Be positive for him, okay?" He tells me reassuringly.

I sniff. "Thank you, Brayden." I manage a slight smile.

"Now let's finish this and we'll order Chinese food and we can watch movies in your room, okay?" He suggests knowing I love my Chinese food and Netflix.

I giggle and agree.

We finish and head upstairs to meet with Ryan once again.

"Heyyy." He drags out. I smile.

"We wanna order chinese food." Brayden says plopping down on my bed. I sit next to him.

We call the Chinese food place and order.

"Now let's find a Netflix movie to watch." I say grabbing my MacBook Air and opening up Netflix.

"I'm kinda feelin' a horror movie buds." I say scrolling through the movies.

"Ryan shifts next to me and looks at the screen with me.

"That one." He points to the movie 'Oculus.'

I give him a funny look and click on it.

"Fine, we'll watch this one." I say.

"Haha, like the oculus rift." Brayden giggles.

I laugh too and we wait for the Chinese food to arrive.

It comes about 10 minutes later. We bring it into my room and begin eating.

We were sitting against the back of my bed. I was in the middle with Ryan to my left, and Brayden to my right. I had the laptop on my lap so we could all see the movie equally.

About an hour later our Chinese food was all gone, and I was getting creeped out by this movie. (A/N This is a real movie btw, check it out bc it's pretty good :)

A jump scare happened and I grabbed Ryan's arm and hid my head in his shoulder.

Him and Brayden laughed at me and I cursed them out and laughed as well.

The movie went on and I started drifting off to sleep. I plopped my head on Ryan's shoulder and he didn't seem to care.

Ryan and I both fell asleep. My head was on his shoulder, and his head was on mine.

Later after I woke up, I then saw a picture on Twitter that Brayden posted of us in that position.

@TheCampingRush:

Look at these cuties. (They aren't dating)

-picture lmao-

Brayden coughed and I playfully glared at him.

He giggled and then all 3 of us went to sleep.

Please, let my dad be okay. I need him.

A/N

happy easter if you celebrate it m8's

this is your present from me :)