44 - date?

*Octavia's POV*

Talking to Ryan was a good idea, a great one, actually.

I felt a lot better. I'm still sad, but at least I know he doesn't want to delete me from his life.

The walk home was a long and dreary one, and once I arrived back home, I was greeted by a open-armed Bee.

I walked into her arms and she hugged me tightly.

"You okay?" She asks.

I nod.

"Good. Now go shower because I'm making some dinner and you will enjoy it!" Bee says unpacking some grocery bags and I dismiss myself to the bathroom.

-

8:43 p.m.

Bee's dinner was amazing, it was nice to sit down and have a home cooked meal for once.

I told Bee that I wanted to get back into my YouTube career. All my wonderful friends have been uploading for me, and my viewers are probably hella confused.

So, I made a plan to record an explanation video tomorrow, and then I would get back into the swing of recording and tweeting and such.

*Ryan's POV

I felt kind of guilty going on a date with someone after Octavia and I talked things out, but I couldn't just cancel.

This date wasn't to make Octavia jealous, I just needed to know that I needed her.

Right now it feels like I'm halfway across a tightrope. I could either walk steadily to the other side to a new beginning, or turn around and run to a familiar place.

Or in simpler terms, I could either try something new, or run back to Octavia.

I could already feel myself turning around on that tightrope and running back to a pair of lips that I was already so accustomed to.

But for now, I was giving something else a try.

I looked in the mirror one last time before heading out the door to the restaurant I was told to arrive at.

I was going on a date with an ex that had reached out to me saying she needed me in her life again, so I just decided to go through with it.

I opened the door to the small corner restaurant and already saw Sam sitting at a table that had a small lit candle on it.

She smiled widely at me, her eyes inviting me to sit down with her. So, I did.

"Ryan!" She squeals as she stands up to give me a hug.

I hug her back, my arms slightly hugging her waist but not going too far.

We sit down and order drinks and food rather quickly. She automatically starts spitting out questions about my life.

"How have you been? I've been great, I just graduated from art school and I'm about to go for job interviews!" She says, acting as if she had been waiting to tell me that for years.

"Wow, uhm, that's great. I'm okay, things haven't been the best but I'm only looking at the positives." I force a smile, feeling awkward in the situation I was currently in.

She fiddled around with her napkin just as our waiter brought us our meals and drinks.

"Thank you." We both say as he sets the plates gently on the wooden table.

We eat our food with the occasional talking that consisted of more catching up, but I couldn't wait to get home.

-

I set the money down on the table and offer my hand to her as I get out of the booth.

She takes it with a smile on her face and we walk outside.

"Thank you for dinner." She says looking down.

"No problem." I say looking away from her, I didn't want this to get all lovey-dovey.

After some moments of awkward silence I speak up.

"Well, have a good night Sam." I say forcing a smile as I walk away.

"Bye." She says softly, waving me goodbye.

I turn on my heel so my face is no longer visible to her, and I instinctively roll my eyes.

That was the worst date I've ever went on.

——————————————————————