Chapter 4 - Invited to the circus

I kept staring at Larkin's head in class. I tried to imagine why he would hang out with Link and Macon. There were tons of other boys that looked arrogant and had gigantic egos so why them?

I'll admit, Link and Macon didn't look that bad. Link had wild brown curly hair and he was quiet and mysterious. Macon had long white hair and he always wore an eyepatch. No one knew why of course cause everyone was too scared to talk to them.

They just gave off this 'don't mess with me' vibe.

Miss Kadakia turned around to write something on the board and Larkin turned around to look at me. "Need anything?" He looked bored out of his mind.

"Um no." I quickly averted my gaze to my book, my face heating up. He was still staring at me. "You're cute, you know that?" Was all he said before he faced the front. I kept my head down.

His comments kept making me flustered and it was getting on my nerves. I looked up at the board and my eyes widened in surprise. Miss Kadakia had written the advertisement on the board. I looked at Haven who was now sitting behind Rayne. Both their eyes lit up in excitement as they read the advertisement once again.

"I'm sure you've all seen this advertisement already." A few students murmured. "Be quiet. I'm still speaking." I rolled my eyes. Why was she so strict?

"Do any of you know where Kinbronds is?" Most shook their heads 'no'

"It's two hours away from here. I plan on giving you all free tickets if you'd like to go to the circus." Some students gasped. "Think of it as a class outing." I glanced over at my two best friends again and they looked at me with smiles on their faces.

I playfully rolled my eyes and smiled back at them.

At lunch time, Haven and Rayne wouldn't stop fantasizing about the circus. "I wonder if my mom will let me go." I mentioned and they both stared at me. "Is she still here?" Asked Haven. "Yeah. She said she won't have to go away for a while."

"You don't have to tell her. Just leave. She hasn't been with you and Jinx for how long? She doesn't need to know."

"That sounds very dangerous. I think you should tell her." Said Rayne and Haven rolled her eyes. "You heard Mew say her mom was weird about Kinbronds. She won't let her go."

"Haven's right. What she doesn't know won't hurt her." Rayne sighed. "Would you rather Mew stay home while we go?" Asked Haven. Rayne sighed again. "Okay you win."

"You know it's starting to feel more like Autumn. It was so sunny for the first two weeks and now I haven't seen the sun since yesterday." Said Haven. "I wonder if we'll go to the circus on Halloween. We could dress up." I said.

Haven's eyes widened as she nodded. "That would be a great excuse. You could tell your mom you're going to a party." I nodded. "Yeah."

"What would you like to dress up for Halloween?" Asked Rayne. I thought about it for a moment. I never really dressed up as anything for Halloween but I had this weird feeling to go as a witch. That wouldn't reveal anything, right?

"A witch." I answered. "Nice." Said Haven. "That would kind of suit you. I'd like to go as a fairy." Rayne's eyes lit up. "Me too!"

After that, I ate my lunch which was leftover lasagna that my mom packed in even though I told her not to. I gave some to Haven and Rayne and soon the bell rang signalling the end of lunch.

As we got up from our sitting position, Haven suddenly stopped. "Don't look now but those three hot guys are watching us."

"You shouldn't say that cause it makes me want to look. What are they doing now?" Asked Rayne. "Still looking." I shrugged. "Who cares. Let's just get to class. They never looked at us before so we shouldn't worry now."

"Mew don't be like that. I saw the little interaction you and Larkin had in class." Said Haven with a teasing smile. "Can we just get to class, seriously?" She chuckled and got up. When they weren't looking, I snuck a glance at Larkin. His eyes were on mine and he winked before I turned away.