Chapter 22 - The party

Larkin whistled as I stepped out of the house, closing the door behind me. "Mew, you look hot." He commented before he unexpectedly kissed me on my forehead again. My cheeks went red.

"Thanks a lot Larkin." I answered admiring how handsome he looked. He wore a plain white shirt with a beige jacket and ripped jeans and sneakers. He also wore a chain around his neck and his hair was messy.

He was hot.

"Come on." I walked next to him. I looked up at the stars as we walked. It wasn't too dark. The moon lit up our way and I gasped at its beauty.

The walk wasn't too long thankfully. My feet were already beginning to hurt with the heels on. The house we arrived at was big. A white double storey. There were a few people scattered on the lawn and I could hear rap music playing from inside.

I followed Larkin inside and there were tons of people dancing around. The music was loud and the bass seemed to go through me. Larkin took my hand and led me to a big kitchen. There weren't too many people in there and I saw Haven and Link.

Haven had a plastic cup in her hand and she and Link laughed. "Hey." I said going over to hug her. "Hi hon." She shoved the cup into my hands. "You'll love it."

I took a sip of the drink. It was sweet and the alcohol sizzled on my tongue. It was good.

Even though Haven, Rayne and I were only seventeen, we weren't strangers to alcohol. "This is good." I told her and she nodded while Link handed her another drink. "Let's dance." She grabbed my hand and we walked out of the kitchen into the living room.

Couches were moved aside to make a makeshift dance floor. The space was big enough but it still felt too hot and stuffy. Haven and I danced together, swinging our hips in sync with the music. I finished my cup and got another one before I went back to Haven. Rayne was there and we all started dancing until it got too hot and we had to sit down.

Haven and I were now on our third cup and I was starting to feel the effect. I wanted more.

I found Larkin and dragged him to the kitchen with me. "Is there anything stronger?" I asked and he smiled at me. "Woah babe. Are you sure you want to get drunk?" I nodded. "Yeah of course. It's a party. Who doesn't get drunk at parties?" I asked and Rayne giggled.

He leaned in closer. "Let me go ask Fabian. Stay here okay?" I nodded and poured myself another drink. Haven joined in. "I'll be the sober one for tonight." Said Rayne. "Aw come on. Don't be like that. We have to do everything together." Said Haven.

"Plus we have the boys looking after us I think." Rayne laughed and shook her head. "I don't mind looking after you two weirdos."

Soon Larkin returned and opened a cupboard, grabbing out a bottle. "Not too much okay?" He said but I ignored him and downed my drink before pouring the new drink into my cup. The room was spinning by now and I was starting to get hot.

Thankfully I had worn a crop top but I was ready to take off my pants. Haven giggled and I knew we were both drunk when we started laughing over nothing in particular. "Let's dance again." I said before we went back to the living room.

We danced together and I felt a pair or hands on my hips before a body brushed up against mine. I smiled when I turned expecting to see Larkin but it was Fabian. "You look beautiful." I was too drunk to care about how close he was so I continued dancing.

I saw Larkin standing not too far away. He had a cup in his hands and his eyes were dark as he watched Fabian and I.

Fabian was touching me a lot but I seemed unfazed as I continued dancing. "I'm gonna get another drink!" I shouted at Fabian before I made my way back to the kitchen. I smirked when I saw Rayne and Macon kissing. I decided not to interrupt them and poured my drink as quickly as I could before I went back to the lounge.

When I saw Larkin there was a really pretty girl hanging off his arm. She had short black hair and piercing blue eyes. She was wearing a short red dress and Larkin smirked at her while she spoke to him.

I got a sudden feeling.

Jealousy.

I was jealous. I wanted to be there talking to Larkin and hanging off his arm like that. I wanted to be that close to him and hear him call me beautiful. Someone touched my arm. "You okay?" Asked Fabian.

Larkin turned and we locked eyes. I looked up at Fabian and pulled his face closer to mine before pressing my lips against his.