Chapter 18 - First day in Kinbronds

I opened my eyes and looked around the room in confusion until everything flooded back to me. I realised I was under the blankets and I looked out the window to see a bright blue sky. What time was it?

My phone was on the desk next to me and I picked it up to see it was ten in the morning. I slept for so long?

I pushed the blankets off and rubbed my eyes before I got up. Pico was asleep on the bed and I left him there before I went downstairs. My mom was in the kitchen and I could hear the sizzle of a pan.

"Morning."

She looked up at me. "Morning darling. How did you sleep?" She was frying eggs.

"Good thanks."

"I just thought I'd make you girls breakfast before I leave."

"To where?"

"To meet up with the others. Leader duties. Look, I'll explain everything once I get back alright?" I nodded, wanting the conversation to end. When she finished, I took a plate of eggs and two slices of bread before I sat down in the living room and watched TV while I ate.

Soon Pico joined me and I gave him some egg but he said he preferred tuna. "I'll have to see if I can get you some." I told him and finished eating. After that I went to the bathroom and took a shower and wrapped myself in my towel before I heard the doorbell ring.

I ignored it, thinking Jinx would go and answer but after a minute it rung again. I sighed and saw Jinx's bedroom door was still closed. I ran downstairs and opened the door just a bit.

It was Larkin with my clothes. "Oh hi. I didn't think you'd come so soon." He smirked. "I had to see you." He answered. "I um-" I opened the door even more and gestured to the towel. "-need to dress but you can wait in the living room."

I didn't miss the way he bit his lip when he saw me in the towel and I quickly turned around feeling my face heat up. I went back upstairs and put on a dark blue dress, stockings and a pair of black heels before I brushed my hair and put it in a bun.

I quickly sprayed myself with perfume and went back downstairs to find Larkin sitting on a couch on his phone.

He put his phone down once I sat next to him. "How'd you sleep beautiful?"

"Alright. Are you feeling any better?" He nodded. "Your sister healed me up pretty good." I sighed in relief. "That's good." I didn't know what else to say. This was definitely awkward. I could feel him watching me as I played with my thumbs.

"Let me take you out tomorrow." He suddenly said. "Where?" I asked. "Mmm I could show you around. I'm quite familiar with this place." I thought about it for a second. "Sure that would be nice. Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead."

"Did you... know I was a witch?" He looked me straight in my eyes and I felt lost in his gaze. "Yeah." I chuckled. "So that's why you spoke to me." This time he chuckled. "I didn't speak to you because of that. I spoke to you because you were the most beautiful girl I'd ever laid eyes on."

He left soon after and I stayed seated repeating what Larkin told me in my head. Pico jumped onto the couch and eyed me. "So you and Larkin huh?" I unwillingly blushed. "It's nothing." I told him.

I heard footsteps and I soon saw Jinx in a red dress and heels. Her hair was loose and the roots were beginning to grow out. "I'm going out." I frowned. "Where to?" She opened the microwave and took out a slice of bread.

"I'm meeting someone. Don't worry, it's not here. See you later okay."

"So you're just going to leave me here?" She was already out the door and I sighed glancing at Pico. "So what do we do now?" I asked. "Get me some tuna." He said excitedly. "I don't know where the nearest shop is and I don't wanna go out cause Larkin's gonna show me around." Pico rolled his eyes and laid down on the couch.

I watched TV until my mom came back. It was three by then. "Hey, did you eat?" She asked as she dropped her bag on the kitchen counter. "No."

"I'll make you something." I stood up and walked to where she was. "Can you tell me about my abilities? What can I do as a witch?" She got out bread and a knife before she made me a sandwich.

"Well there's a lot you can do. You can cast spells, heal, take away pain, make potions and you're sensitive so your intuition will always be right."

"Wow." She handed me my sandwich and I thanked her. "So why didn't Jinx and I grow up here?"

She sighed. "It's complicated Mew. I didn't want you and Jinx to be a part of this. I wanted you two to have normal lives. Anyway, is Jinx in her room?"

"She left. Said she was meeting someone but not here." My mom closed her eyes and sighed. "Alright. Dinner will be at five thirty. Make sure she's back by then."

~~~

A/n: I'm officially done writing this story ! And I'm so excited for you to read it all so I'll be posting chapters everyday <3