Chapter 47 - Surprise

I was hearing voices. I had no idea if they were in my head or not. All I saw was black. I was floating in this dark abyss. I could feel someone touching my hand, I could hear someone crying but I couldn't do anything. I just didn't have the energy for it.

So I lied there in peace, floating happily.

"Come back Mew. We need you." Her voice rang through the dark abyss. "Please Mew. You're our best friend." They needed me. As much as I loved this darkness, my friends needed me. And I needed them.

I struggled to open my eyes. It took a lot of energy but I finally opened them and squinted, waiting for my eyes to adjust to the light. I heard a gasp. "Oh my gosh, Mew." I heard more crying. I turned my head and saw my best friends holding each other with tear stained cheeks. "Hi." I whispered. My throat was dry and I couldn't say much.

They both jumped up and hugged me. Rayne cried as she held onto me. I wish I could hug them back but I was too tired. "Let me call your mom and get you some water." Said Haven wiping her tears. She left and Rayne took my hand. "I'm so glad you're awake."

I was glad too. Was I really gonna float in that darkness forever? Moments later my mom and Jinx came. Haven had a glass of green liquid in her hands. My mom helped me sit up and took the glass from Haven before she held the glass in front of me as I sipped.

I suddenly felt energized and refreshed. I sighed when I finished the glass. "That was good." I said and Jinx hugged me.

"Thank gosh you're awake. We were all so worried."

"What happened?" I asked. I had no idea if I was out for an hour or even a few days. I needed to know what happened. What that cracking sound was. Oh no. Was Larkin okay?

"She's dead. Corpse snapped her neck." Answered my mom. That made sense. As soon as I heard that crack, I fell down and I wasn't being choked anymore. "Is he and Larkin okay?"

"Yes. They're very worried about you especially Larkin. You were out for three days Mew. Those stab wounds were bad. Luckily Jinx and I were able to heal you so you won't have a terrible scar." I sighed in relief. I was okay and so was Larkin and Corpse.

"Does this mean it's over now?"

Haven nodded with a small smile. "For now."

"Right, I think it's time to call Larkin. Poor boy thought he lost you." My chest warmed. I couldn't wait to see him. They all exited and I was left alone in my room. The door was pushed open slightly and Pico ran in and jumped on the bed. "Mew! You're okay! I knew you'd be okay! I was so worried." He rubbed his nose against my cheek and purred.

I stroked him. "Aww Pico. I'm sorry for worrying you and everyone." We sat in silence until the door opened and Larkin came in. Pico jumped off and winked at me before he went out. I couldn't help but giggle.

Larkin had dark circles under his eyes and he looked much paler. He still looked perfectly handsome. "Oh Mew." He came to my bed and wrapped me in a big hug.

I hugged him back, breathing in his familiar scent. He pulled back so our foreheads were touching. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"I'm glad you're okay too. And I'm glad it's over... for now." He smiled and kissed me. Long and hard as if this was the last time he was gonna kiss me.

~~~

Weeks had passed and it was almost Christmas. It was snowing here and really cold. Haven, Rayne and I went to town to go do some shopping. I would've loved to stay at home but they dragged me out of bed. The potion bar was now closed and it was kind of sad looking at it. It reminded me of Tatania and I wondered why no one else took over there.

It seemed like a real popular place in town. Corpse had stepped down from being a leader to go back to hell so we rarely saw him.

With my mom's permission, Jinx moved out to live with her boyfriend away from Kinbronds. It was hard at first and I'll admit that I cried but she always visited. She told us it was cool that she was a witch but she wasn't interested in her abilities and just wanted to live a peaceful life and I was happy for her.

News had gotten out about Haven and I. Some of the townspeople weren't as accepting and gave us a hard time but my mom really put them in their place.

Oh, and Link and Haven are finally dating. I'm happy that both my friends have someone.

"What do you think about this one?" Rayne held up a dark green dress littered with gems and lace designs. "That would fit you so perfectly." Said Haven who tugged on her braid. She was trying on a pair of platform boots.

To be honest they were acting kind of weird. They literally dragged me out of bed to go shopping and insisted we switch our phones off so we wouldn't be distracted.

I had already finished my shopping and had loads of bags around me. I was feeling kind of tired and really cold. "Yeah you're right. I do like it." Mumbled Rayne as she examined it.

"You can wear it on a date with Macon." I suggested. "Yeah I'm buying it."

"These boots look killer, I just need a smaller size then we can be out of here. It's almost time anyway."

"Time for what?" I asked. "It's gonna be snowing real heavily soon. What do you say we take your bags back to your place then go to my house?" Asked Haven. "Sure." I didn't really want to walk in the snow with my heels but I did want to spend a day at Haven's. They paid for their clothes and we walked out in the cold.

The fairy lights were on and there weren't much people outside. There were Christmas decorations already and I was surprised that the people here celebrated it.

We finally made it back to my house and I dropped the bags off, giving Pico and my mom a hug before we went out again.

"You know what would be nice? If we sat on the couch with coffee or hot chocolate and watched a drama movie. Or even a series." I murmured as we walked. "Oh yeah. Nothing but vibes." Said Haven.

As we walked I looked around at the trees covered in snow. "Wait, this doesn't look like the way to your house." I said confused now. Rayne smiled at me. "You'll see." Now I was really confused and they were acting really weird.

"Just follow us, okay?" I soon realized we were walking to the abandoned park. "Is this like our new hangout or something? How did you know where to find it?"

They both smiled at me and Haven pushed open the gate. "Go in." I eyed them both before I walked in. "You know, you're both acting-"

I gasped at the sight in front of me. The grass was littered with pink and red flower petals. The trees had fairy lights strung in between them. Larkin stood near the jungle gym. He looked breathtaking. He smirked at me and I thought back to when I saw him smirk for the first time. It brought butterflies to my stomach.

"Hey gorgeous."

"Hi." I walked slowly toward him, looking at all the petals. I finally reached him and he placed a kiss on my forehead. "What's all this? A secret date?" He smirked and raised an eyebrow. "Something like that."

"Well it looks beautiful." I told him, smiling. "Mew, I love you, more than anything. I want to spend my entire life with you. We'll have problems but I know we'll get through them. I almost lost you and I don't want that to happen ever again." He took my hands. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me." He sighed. "We haven't known each other for long but believe me when I say, you make me complete."

He pulled something out of his pocket. A small velvet green box. He got down on one knee and opened the box. I covered my mouth and gasped. "Larkin..." The ring was beautiful.

It had a silver band with a diamond in the middle. Beside the diamond on each side were two small gold moons.

"Mew, will you marry me?"

~~~
A/n: We made it !! This is the final chapter and I'm so happy I decided to share this story with you all <3