Chapter 21 - Talks with the girls

"Why are we walking there? Don't you have a car or something?" I asked as I carried Pico in my arms who was fast asleep.

"The only thing on wheels here is a carriage and that's only used for deliveries plus walking is good for you." Soon I saw an ocean come into view. We must be on the outskirts. The sunlight reflected on the sea was so beautiful and the smell of sea salt gave me a feeling of nostalgia.

Soon we reached a small cabin and my mom opened the door before we walked in. It was dark inside and she switched on a light. There was a big black cauldron in the center and a small podium with a book on.

There were shelves that had glass bottles of feathers and other weird things I couldn't identify.

"I'll be teaching you some basic spells that you can try out." I nodded. "What language are the spells in?" I asked. "Latin. Making potions are a higher level so I'll teach you that later. You have to remember all these spells in case you might need them one day." I mentally sulked. "Okay."

She lead me to the book on the podium. "This is a grimoire, it has every spell you can think of in here. Start off by memorizing the words before you do the spell." I looked over at the book. The pages were a dull colour so I knew it was old.

It was very thick too and the writing was so beautiful. "What are you gonna do?"

She smiled. "Make potions." I gently put Pico down on the ground before I went to the first page of the grimoire and read over a couple of spells. I tried closing my eyes and reciting a few out of my head but it was super hard and I had to learn one at a time.

I didn't even notice how the time flew by when my mom tapped me on my shoulder and said we had to go home. Pico was awake by then and we left the little cabin. I didn't realise how tired I was until I got home and laid on my bed.

I quickly changed into my pajamas before I went under the covers and slept with Pico at my side.

When I woke up the next day, I couldn't help getting excited for the party that night. I sat up in bed and switched my phone on, ready to facetime Haven and Rayne.

"Your sister came in. She told me to tell you that she left." Said Pico. "Did she say where she was going?" He shook his head. I sighed. It was normal for Jinx to be cooped up in her room all day but the fact that she was leaving so often without telling me where she was going was kind of weird.

I wondered if she got a boyfriend.

Haven had just woken up when I face timed her. She put her phone up on her desk and slept while Rayne and I spoke. I went downstairs to get breakfast. There were pancakes and I took three before I drizzled syrup on that I found in one of the cupboards.

"So Link and Macon are going to the party." Haven seemed to wake up at the sound of Link's name and I couldn't help but laugh. "How do you know?"

I could see Rayne's cheeks turn pink. "I have Macon's number." She answered. "I forgot to ask Larkin for his number." I mumbled as I started eating. Haven was fully awake now. "So girls, what are we wearing tonight?"

"I haven't thought of that yet." Said Rayne. "Then go to your closet and find something. It needs to be good for the guys." I rolled my eyes but took my plate and walked upstairs to my room. Pico laid in the middle of my bed asleep. I put my plate down on my bed and opened my closet looking at the clothes inside.

"I'm wearing this maroon corset thing with blue ripped jeans, blue heels and blue lace gloves." Explained Haven. I browsed through the clothes before I pulled an outfit out.

"So I have a really short purple crop top, purple flare pants and heels with a choker." I said. Rayne disappeared from her phone before she appeared with clothes in her hands. "I've got a red top, red lace gloves, a black skirt, red tights and red heels."

Haven sighed. "We're gonna look so hot tonight."

"I guess so." Answered Rayne and we laughed. We stayed on the call and did other things. Haven cooked food for her dad and her younger brother while Rayne told us about the maps she looked over.

I was in the living room watching TV with a cup of coffee in my hand as I listened. Jinx came back after a while with a smile on her face and literally glowing. "You okay?" I asked her as she walked past. She stopped just in front of the stairs. "Never been better."

The day went on and my mom came home, made dinner and retreated to her room. I looked at the time on my phone and gasped. "Guys it's literally ten to eight. We have to get ready!" I exclaimed rushing up to my room.

"Oh no. How did we lose track of time? See you girls there okay?" Said Haven. I ended the call and quickly got dressed and put make up on. I smiled triumphantly at the perfect wing I created with my eyeliner before I heard the door bell ring.

"You'll be okay right?" I asked Pico before petting him. He purred before he answered. "Yeah go have fun."