Chapter 16 - Checking on Larkin

There was no elevator music playing in the elevator and I was glad for that. I needed to get my thoughts in check. What was I thinking?

I had no idea what I was going to say to Larkin when I showed up. Maybe I could go back down and say he was sleeping and save myself from the embarrassment.

I crossed my arms. Even in this elevator, I still felt like I was being watched. It was the worst.

Soon the elevator stopped and the doors opened. The hallway was dark and two lit candles were on each wall. There was a big window at the end that was covered by a curtain. The shadows on the wall creeped me out as I walked down the hallway.

I finally reached the end and I felt someone touch my shoulder. I turned around fast but there was no one there. I knocked on the door. "Come in." I opened the door and poked my head in.

There was a lamp light on that lit the room. Larkin laid on a king size bed with dozens of pillows behind him. His room was clean, not how I expected.

There weren't clothes or books lying around. The curtains were closed and there was a desk in front of his bed with a computer on it. I opened the door more and stepped inside before closing it behind me. "Hey, you okay?"

Larkin smirked. "Yeah I'm okay now that you're here." I couldn't stop the blush that appeared on my cheeks. "I just came to see how you were doing. What happened back there?" He gestured for me to move closer to him and I did, standing at the foot of his bed.

"One of them stabbed me. It hurt like hell and Macon moved me to the side. I thought I was a goner." I bit my lip. "I'm so glad you're okay." I muttered. "I'm so glad you're here." He patted a space next to him. "Sit." I shook my head.

"I can't. There's blood on me and I don't wanna make a mess." He smirked. "Hey, how about you take a shower and I give you clothes to wear, then you can sit next to me." My heart jumped for joy at the thought of sitting next to him.

No. I don't like him in that way so I shouldn't be so excited anyway. "Are you sure?"

"Of course." The bathroom is there." He pointed to a door next to the window. He pulled the blanket off him. "Let me get you a towel." I thanked him and went into the bathroom. The bathroom was big.

It had a toilet, a basin with a wide mirror, a bath and a shower.

Larkin came behind me and handed me a towel, a loofah and clothes. "Thanks." I said before I closed the door and put the towel on a rack and the clothes next to it. I took my clothes off and got in the shower before putting the water on.

I took a long hot shower, making sure to wash my hair and scrub off all the dried blood. The body wash smelt nice, just like Larkin.

When I finished, I put on the clean clothes which was a red corset, a red pair of shorts with three small chains attached on each side and a leather jacket. I put the same heeled boots on and picked up my dirty clothes. I opened the door and found Larkin on his bed with his phone in his hand.

"You can leave your clothes on the floor. The maids will clean it and I'll give it to you." I just nodded and left my clothes on the floor before I stepped out of the bathroom. I wondered where Larkin got the clothes that fit me so perfectly but before I could ask, the door opened and Dargan poked his head in.

"Your mom is here." He told me. I mentally rolled my eyes. So much for sitting next to Larkin.

Life as a witchOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara