Chapter 12 - Miss Caine

It was extremely dark and I felt lucky to have Larkin's arm around my waist. Suddenly there was a flicker before I saw a flame appear in front of us. It was Dargan and there was a big orange flame in his palm.

I strained my ears to hear anything but it was silent. Our footsteps echoed as we walked through a tunnel of some sort and I noticed blood stains on the wall.

There was a noise behind me and I turned around fast but I could only see darkness. "Did you hear that?" I asked and Dargan stopped. "Hear what?" He turned to me. "Something." There was a loud screech before something jumped at us.

Larkin punched whatever it was and it fell back before getting on all fours. It was some kind of clown, with long black hair and dirt on its arms and legs. "Go! I'll hold this thing back!" Exclaimed Dargan and we ran straight ahead leaving him with that creature.

I was soon out of energy after running for just a bit but Larkin grabbed my hand tight and we ran together to wherever the tunnel led us. "Wait." Link stopped and so did we. I saw a light shining in front of him. "Is it a room?" Asked Rayne.

He nodded. He looked inside the room. "What the..." He walked in and we followed him. The room was bloody. Blood on the floor, the walls. There were a few bodies laying there and I closed my eyes as the stench of blood hit me like a truck.

"Gross." Muttered Haven crossing her arms. Someone stepped out of the shadows startling me. It was Miss Kadakia.

"Ah my lovely children. Why did you leave so soon? The fun has just begun." She had a sinister smile on her face. None of us moved a muscle. "I have a little surprise for you. Someone wants to say hello."

She lifted her hand up and a body floated through the air toward her. Wait, was she a witch?

I turned to my friends and they had horrified expressions on their faces. I turned back to Miss Kadakia and I could see the face of the body. I held in a gasp.

It was Miss Caine.

There was dried blood that ran down her clothes and it was clear that her throat had been slit. Her mouth was sown into a smile. It was horrifying.

"You monster." Breathed Larkin. "Oh don't be like that. At least she died with her smile on her face."

That's when Haven charged at her and Rayne screamed. "How could you?!" Screamed Haven as she swung her hands at Miss Kadakia. Link ran forward and held both of Haven's arms as he dragged her away. I saw blood on Miss Kadakia's arms and I looked at Haven.

There were long orange claws on her fingers covered in blood. Woah.

Miss Kadakia let out a growl. "You wretched thing!" She stretched her hand out and Haven was flown against the wall. She was pinned there by an invisible force as she tried wriggling free. "Let her go!" Yelled Link. A flame appeared in his palm and he threw it in Miss Kadakia's face.

She screamed and covered her face with her hands trying to put the fire out while Miss Caine and Haven fell to the floor.

I immediately ran to Haven's side. "Are you okay?" She nodded slowly and I helped her get to her feet. "Let's get out of here!" Exclaimed Link and they ran out while I held Haven's hand to run out. Suddenly the door slammed shut leaving Haven and I inside.

Miss Kadakia had her hand covering the right side of her face. Her other arm was outstretched toward the door. I ran there and turned the handle but it was no use. We were stuck. "Mew! Haven!" Rayne shouted out. "It's okay. Go and find the others." I looked at Haven. "We'll be fine."

Miss Kadakia let out a laugh. "You won't be fine. You're going to feel the pain I felt!" She stretched her hand out and glared at me. "replicare dolor meus." Pain surged through the right side of my face and I let out a scream of pain.

Haven charged at Miss Kadakia scratching her arms with her claws. Tears streamed down my face as I felt the right side of my face burn with such intensity.

Suddenly the door opened with a bang but I couldn't see who came in. I saw flames through my blurred eyesight. A hand was on my shoulder. "Don't worry. You'll be okay."

Jinx!

She put her hand on the right side of my face and soon the pain faded. I looked up at her, still crying and she hugged me. "It's okay Mew. You're okay." She whispered into my hair.