Chapter 39 - Make up

It was raining when I woke up. I wasn't sure when I had fallen asleep. I got up and showered, glad I didn't see my mom in the hallway. When I finished and opened the bathroom door, Jinx stood there.

"You gonna see him?" She asked softly. I nodded. "Come on, let's get an outfit ready for you." I smiled a small smile. Jinx really loved fashion. I sat on my bed in my towel as she rummaged through my closet. I looked outside and watched the rain. I couldn't stop thinking about Larkin but at least this calmed me down.

"Here." She took out a light blue long sleeve sweater, red ripped jeans and black high heeled boots. She went to my desk and opened my jewellery box before she took out a choker.

"Get dressed. I'll bring you an umbrella. Mom's in her room so she won't see you leave." I thanked her and quickly got dressed. I didn't bother putting on any makeup and put my hair in a low ponytail.

She soon arrived with a black umbrella. She gave it to me and kissed me on my forehead. "Call me if you need anything." I nodded and scooped Pico up in my arms. I checked my phone and read Rayne's message. She said we could meet up at the potion bar and go to Haven's house.

I just hoped Larkin would be there so I could get a chance to talk to him. I went downstairs and opened the umbrella before holding it up as I walked out the door.

Thankfully it wasn't raining too hard but the mud and my heels were a disgusting combination. I walked quickly to the potion bar, eager to get out of the rain and eager to see Larkin. When I arrived, no one was standing in front of it so I went in and closed the umbrella.

My breath hitched when I saw Larkin sitting at the bar. All the words I wanted to say flew out of my mouth. His back was turned to me but he turned around and looked at me as if he sensed I was there. "Go." Whispered Pico before he jumped out of my arms.

I swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat.

It was now or never.

I walked to Larkin with my thoughts jumbled. I fiddled with my fingers as I stood in front of him.

"Larkin I-"

I was cut off by him as he wrapped his arms around me tightly. "Oh baby. I hope I didn't hurt you. I wasn't sure you would show up."

"What?" I asked. He looked me in my eyes with his beautiful green ones. "I didn't mean what I said yesterday. I only said that cause of your mom. I knew if I disagreed then there would be an even bigger problem."

"Wait, so... it's not over between us?" My voice squeaked on the last part. "No of course not beautiful. I told you, I can't lose you. You're my everything." Tears escaped my eyes as I hugged him again and cried on his shoulder.

Even though we hadn't known each other for long, he made me complete and the thought of losing him shattered my heart.

I can't believe I grew so attached to someone so fast.

"I love you." He said as he rubbed my back. "I love you." I whispered back. A weight lifted off my shoulders. We were still together. He still loved me.

We pulled away and I wiped my tears. Only then did I notice Link and Macon. "Oh I'm sorry." I said embarrassed. "It's alright. Just know that if Larkin really meant to break your heart then we wouldn't hesitate to break his face." Said Link and I managed to chuckle.

"What's going on here? Why's my girl crying?" Asked Haven a bit too loudly causing a few people to stare at me. She wobbled over to me and wrapped me in a hug. I cringed.

Her raincoat was wet but she didn't seem to care. "What happened? Who should I kill?"

I shook my head. "It's all good now." Thankfully it was. We had drinks while we waited for Rayne and Macon bought her one when she arrived. Pico jumped into my arms and I opened my umbrella as we walked in the rain to Haven's house.