Chapter 8 - Riding on the ferris wheel

I was shocked. What was she doing here? Didn't Jinx say she had to leave for some kind of emergency?

I hurriedly went back to my friends to tell them and they were waiting by the ferris wheel like they said. "Our parents are here!" I exclaimed. "What?" Asked Haven. "Our parents are here. I saw them near the bathroom."

"Are you sure? My dad said he had to go on a business trip." Said Haven. "I saw both your dads, my mom and another guy. I know what I saw."

"What would they be doing here? That's super weird." Said Rayne. "What's weird?" Larkin appeared beside me casually slinging his arm around my shoulders. I blushed. "Nothing. Can we go on the ferris wheel now." Haven inched closer to Link and I just knew she started developing feelings for him.

"They must've heard about the circus and wanted to have some fun too. We shouldn't dwell on it too much." Said Rayne giving me a small smile.

My mom didn't have to lie about it being an emergency though.

Soon we were all on the ferris wheel, I was next to Larkin and the wheel was moving slowly. It was a bit darker now, the purple changed to a dark blue and the pink disappeared. Everyone looked so small below us when we reached the top.

"This isn't too bad yeah? You seem to be enjoying yourself." Mentioned Larkin, turning to me with that smirk on his face. "Well yeah." Was all I managed to say. How could I have a proper conversation with him if he was going to look at me with that handsome smirk.

I felt butterflies in my stomach as the wheel moved lower. "You're so beautiful Mew." He said unexpectedly. I blushed. "What?"

"You're beautiful." He repeated and I couldn't look at him. Why was he so interested in me? He just came to our school days ago and there were other girls he could bother but to be honest I liked the attention. He was insanely hot and any girl would love the attention from him.

I managed to look at him to find him looking at me. Time seemed to stop. I couldn't even feel the ferris wheel move. Were we about to kiss? His eyes flicked down to my lips and my breath hitched.

A loud noise brought me back to my senses and I turned to see fireworks in the sky. I took a deep breath. No way did that just happen. I looked down and sucked in a breath. I locked eyes with my mother and she didn't look happy at all.

"Oh no." I whispered instantly looking away. "What's up?" Asked Larkin. "My mom. She's here and she's not happy at all."

He chuckled. "I get to met your mom already huh?" I glared at him. "This is no time for jokes. She's probably gonna kill me."

"I wouldn't let her." I froze. Did I just hear right? My heart raced. Gosh, what was this boy doing to me? The ride finally came to a stop and it was our turn to get off. I didn't get a chance to talk to Haven and Rayne as I was whisked away by my mother.

"What are you doing here?" Her tone was low but dangerous. She was furious. Her green eyes bore into my soul. "I- well we were invited by our teacher."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Her hand was wrapped around my wrist and she wasn't being gentle at all. "Cause you're never around so why would you care anyway?" She looked shocked for a second before she regained her composure.

"Oh really? You and Jinx never seemed to talk to me about this." I rolled my eyes. "You're never around. How can we talk to you about it?" Her eyes narrowed.

"Look, I don't have time to argue about this with you. You have to leave." I shook my head. "No. Why?"

"Because it's dangerous Mew." Jinx's warning popped into my head. What? "What do you mean? What's going on?" She looked up and I turned to see what she was looking at.

Haven and Rayne stood with their fathers and it almost looked like our parents were communicating telepathically.

With her hand still on my wrist she pulled me gently. "Come with me." I had no choice but to follow her. She lead me to the back of the bathrooms. The unknown guy that I saw earlier was there with Larkin, Macon and Link.

Haven and Rayne appeared with theirs dads, Oren and Harlequin. Oren had dark skin like Haven and black hair and a beard. Whenever I went to Haven's house he would always be smiling and his smile was very contagious.

Harlequin had brown hair like Rayne but had the prettiest blue eyes I've ever seen. "We need you kids to get as many people as you can to leave this place. It's dangerous." Said Oren.

Haven rolled her eyes. "What's so dangerous about a circus?" She crossed her arms. "Can't you see everyone having fun? And why did you say you had work to do when you're here at the circus?"

"It's dangerous because the people in the circus are evil." Said my mom.