Chapter 17 - Our new home

My mom stood near the front door looking exhausted. Her eyes were half lidded and her perfect ponytail had strands sticking up in every direction. Oren and Harlequin were next to her looking equally exhausted.

"What happened?" Asked Haven standing next to me. "Everyone is dead. Well everyone that attended the circus. We called the Kinbronds police force to take over and investigate. We'll be going there later to give them the rest of the details." Explained Oren.

"And Miss Kadakia?" Asked Rayne. "She's gone." Answered Dargan with a frown on his face. "Let's go home. I'm sure you're all exhausted." Said my mom and she was right. I was feeling pretty tired but I wanted to know more about my abilities and I still needed time to process what the heck just happened.

I felt something rub up against me and I looked down to see Pico looking up at me. "Can I come with you?" He asked batting his eyelashes. "Sure." I said picking him up and holding him in my arms.

My mom gestured to Jinx and I and I hugged Haven and Rayne. "Call you later." Said Haven and I nodded before I went with Jinx to my mom. "Thanks for the help." She said to Oren and Harlequin.

We went outside and she stopped before chanting a spell and we were in front of a blue double storey house. "This is where I live. It's... our house now." Said my mom and Jinx's eyes lit up. "A double storey house? How cool!" She exclaimed and my mom chuckled before we followed her inside.

The house was big. The living room had three black couches and a flat screen TV mounted on the wall. There was a big kitchen next to it and a staircase in the middle. "Where are our rooms?" Asked Jinx excitedly and I put Pico down. "So we're living here now? What about our old home? And school?"

"I'll sort all that out. Now that you know about your powers, it would be pointless to send you to school when you can learn more here." Answered my mom. She walked into the living room and sat down on one of the couches. "Learn what?"

"About your powers. None of the children here go to school. When they're old enough they get taught about their powers." I rolled my eyes. "So why couldn't Jinx and I stay here when we were born?"

"It's... complicated." Jinx touched my arm. "Let's go choose our rooms okay?"

I mentally sighed but went upstairs with her. There were three rooms. One had Jinx's name on and the other had mine. "Ha. Guess we don't have to choose." She murmured. We each went into our own rooms.

My new room was painted purple with a double bed in the center and a desk on each side. There was a small lamp light on one desk. There was a big window with a window seat and I smiled.

There was a cupboard and next to it a desk. The room looked decent enough and I already started to like the window seat. I sat down on the bed and Pico came in the room. I had almost forgotten about him.

He jumped up on the bed and made himself comfortable. "Do you... have a family?" I asked him. His yellow eyes stared into mine.

"I don't know. All I remember is being a stray cat." I stroked his fur and he seemed startled but started to pur. "We're your family now." I whispered.

I laid down on the bed and took my phone out, scrolling through social media. I wasn't as exhausted now. I just wanted to know more about my abilities. It felt strange to tell people that I was an actual witch.

I'll admit I was scared but as I thought back, I was pretty much useless at the circus. I didn't know any spells and that made me want to learn. My phone rang and I saw an incoming face time from Haven.

I answered and saw her face pop up in a block and Rayne's in another block.

"Hey, you won't believe how we got home. Well not our real home, our home in Kinbronds." Started Haven. "How?" I asked sitting up. "Our dads picked us up, spouted out wings and flew us home. We literally flew!" Exclaimed Rayne in bewilderment. "Wow."

"I still can't believe this is really happening to us. I mean, just yesterday we were normal teens and then the next we're battling... creepy clowns."

"Well Mew and I knew we had abilities. You seriously never knew about yours?"

"No. I never felt funny or had wings come out of my back."

"At least we won't have to go to school." Said Haven. She played with her braid. "I feel sorry for the lives that were lost." Said Rayne. "Those were our classmates. What's the school gonna think? And their parents?"

"Yeah that is really sad. Larkin did say Miss Kadakia gave off bad vibes but I never would've thought it would be that."

"Oh yeah, why were you taking so long in Larkin's room? And why did you have new clothes on?" Questioned Haven. Rayne gasped. "You didn't-"

"No no, we didn't do anything. Oh gosh, he wanted me to sit next to him but I told him I didn't wanna ruin his bed so he told me to take a shower and he gave me clothes. That's all." I answered.

Haven scoffed. "How rude. He didn't even ask us if we wanted to take a shower." I grinned. "Shut up. You have Link."

She chuckled. "We're just friends." Rayne and I laughed. "Friends? Your definition of friends is something else." I said and we laughed together.

"I'm gonna go now. I'm really tired." Said Haven. "Alright bye." Rayne and I said. "Love you." I pressed end call and let my phone fall on my chest before I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.