Chapter 6 - Jinx's warning

Miss Kadakia was dressed in a long black dress with a witch hat on her head. She wore heels and she towered over all of us. Some students were dressed up as well. Some as superheroes, clowns, scary nurses and doctors. I was thrilled.

She took the register and I tapped my fingers against the desk, glancing out of the window. I looked at the field, filled with brown leaves. The sky was grey and it looked like it would drizzle soon.

After that she gave us each a small ticket that read 'Froslu Circus: Admission: 1' I was beyond excited and I saw the leaves twirl around in the wind.

Soon we packed up our stuff and Miss Kadakia led us to a bus waiting outside the school. A few kids gasped and I stood next to Haven and Rayne. "What's up?"

"Look at the gory clown in the drivers seat." Said Rayne pointing at the window. There was a man dressed as a clown with razor sharp teeth and fake blood smeared on his mouth. "Wow." I breathed out in awe.

"Hey, your phone is ringing." Said Rayne handing me my phone. She was the only one with a bag so Haven and I left our possessions with her. I answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Mew! Where are you?" Asked Jinx. "I'm at school. We're about to go on the bus now. Is something wrong?"

"Don't go." She said a low hushed tone that sent shivers down my spine. "What?"

"Please Mew, I've got a bad feeling about this. Don't go." My phone was suddenly pulled away from me. "No phones. Get on the bus." It was Miss Kadakia. "But-" She shook her head and ushered me into the bus, with no phone and Jinx's warning still in my mind.

I sat in the middle next to the window. Larkin slid in the seat next to me. "Alright everyone, send your phones to the front. No phones for this trip." Said Miss Kadakia and a few students groaned.

Everyone sent their phones to the front while I stared blankly out the window. Jinx's voice ran through my mind. What did she mean?

"You okay?" I could feel Larkin watching me. I just nodded. I wasn't in the mood to talk. I wanted to get my phone and call Jinx, ask her what she meant but I couldn't now. I suddenly turned to face Larkin. "Do you think this is a good idea?" I asked. "Going on this trip?" If he was surprised by my question he didn't show it.

"I guess so. We don't have to go to school so I say it's a good thing." He glanced at Miss Kadakia who was collecting the phones. "She gives me bad vibes though. She better not drag us to the woods and kill us." He chuckled and I shivered.

She wouldn't do that, right?

"But don't worry Mew. It's Halloween, we should have fun." His hand grazed mine and I felt a jolt. The bus started and Miss Kadakia clapped twice to get our attention. "Alright settle down. We'll be leaving now. Don't open or stick your head out of the windows."

"She's so strict, it's so damn annoying." Spoke Larkin as the bus moved slowly. Some kids cheered. "Can't argue with that." I mumbled. I sat up straight and looked for Haven and Rayne.

Rayne was in front of me with Macon next to her and Haven was in front of them with Link next to her. Okay then.

The ride wasn't as bad as I expected. Larkin and I got to know each other better and we realized we had a lot in common. "So did you move here or were you always living here and changed schools?" I asked curiously. He paused for a moment. "I moved here."

"Oh. Where are you from?"

"Somewhere. I can't really remember." I tilted my head to the side and chuckled. "You can't remember your hometown?" He shrugged. "This is my hometown now so it doesn't really matter. Do you like circuses?"

"I've never been to one. This will be my first time. I have my doubts though."

"Why?" I took a deep breath.

"My sister called me just before I got on the bus. She told me not to go cause she has a bad feeling. Before I could ask, Miss Kadakia took my phone." I rolled my eyes. "Is your sister psychic or something?"

Or something I wanted to say but I didn't know if our witch powers could help us sense if something bad was going to happen and if it could, why couldn't I sense it?

Maybe she was just paranoid.

But I couldn't stop hearing the warning in my head. It was just a circus. What could be so dangerous about it?

"Hey, Mew." Larkin waved a hand in front of my face. "What?"

"You thinking about what your sister said?"

"I-" We locked eyes and something happened. I don't know what but I instantly felt calm and Jinx's warning vanished. I felt chills staring into his green eyes and his hand touched mine. "Don't worry. We'll be okay." His voice was low and gosh he was so attractive in that moment, I could've kissed him right there.

~~~

A/n: We're at 50 reads already , I'm so happy <3 thank you to everyone that reads and votes <3