Chapter 19 - Seeing the town

"What to wear?" I mumbled to myself as I stood in front of my closet looking at the clothes. I didn't wanna wear anything too casual but nothing too fancy either cause this wasn't a date. Right?

I decided on a green off the shoulder top, a long black skirt and green heels. My mom was out again and Jinx was still cooped up in her room. I showered and put the clothes on. "Can I come too?" Asked Pico as I put perfume on.

"I guess so." My mom made eggs again which I ate and sat in the living room watching TV until the doorbell rung.

When I woke up, I made sure to tell Haven and Rayne about whatever this was and they told me to tell them everything as soon as I came back.

I went to the door with Pico at my side as I opened it and greeted Larkin. "You look gorgeous as ever." He complimented. "You don't look too bad yourself." He wore a plain black sweater and a pair of jeans with sneakers. His hair was cute and messy and the white strips hung over his eyes. I closed the door and sent Jinx a message telling her I was leaving before I walked with Larkin.

"This place is basically in the middle of the forest." He told me as we walked. That explained why we were always surrounded by trees. I heard laughter and I looked up to see two fairies with beautiful pink wings, flying together.

"Wow." I breathed watching them fly off in the distance. "You'll see fairies fly around occasionally. Also don't worry if the people in town give you weird looks. Everyone knows everyone here so it will take a while before they know who you are."

Soon we heard chatter and we walked down a path that led into a town filled with people. Everyone was smiling and talking together. There were stores on each side of the road.

Everything looked so magical like it was something out of a fairy tale. Larkin pointed to a gold coloured house with two large windows and an open door. There was a sign on but I couldn't read it. "That's the potion bar. It's your average bar but witches make delicious potions and serve them to customers."

I looked at it in awe and he showed me all the other stores. People did look at me but it wasn't too awkward. Pico nudged my leg. "Oh, do you know where I can buy tuna?"

"Yeah beautiful. There's that store I showed you. How much do you want? I'll buy it." My eyes widened. "Oh no. You don't have to."

"I want to." He answered before he took my hand and led me to the store. I couldn't help the butterflies that erupted in my stomach. "Which kind?"

"Any kind." Answered Pico excitedly. Larkin let go of my hand. "I'll be right back." I nodded feeling tingles in my hand. A boy caught my eye. He had brown spikey hair and dark blue eyes. He smirked at me although it didn't seem as hot as Larkin's. I smiled anyway to be polite.

He nudged his friends before he approached me. "Hey. Haven't seen you around. You new?"

"Uh yeah." He eyed me. "I'm Fabian." He stuck his hand out and I shook it. "Mew." He raised an eyebrow. "Mew." He repeated and I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.

Larkin appeared by my side with a bag. "How many did you buy?" I asked. "Enough. Hey Fabian." Larkin and Fabian pumped fists. "She with you?" Asked Fabian.

"I'm showing her around the town." Fabian nodded still looking at me. "I'm having a party tomorrow. You two should come." My eyes widened in excitement. "Yes." I looked at Larkin. "I'll be there and I'll bring friends too." I've been to tons of parties with Haven and Rayne. Haven liked them the most.

Fabian winked at me. "See you there." I saw Larkin roll his eyes and I couldn't help but chuckle.

He took my hand again and I walked with a spring in my step. "Come on. Let me take you to the potion bar. My treat." I stopped and he looked at me. "You already bought tuna. You don't need to do this." He smirked.

"That was for the cat. This is for you." He leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on my forehead.