Chapter 35 - Hanging at the park

I smiled once I saw Haven and the boys in front of the potion bar. Pico jumped out of my arms and I ran to them. I hugged Haven before I hugged Larkin tightly. "Thank you again." I whispered as he planted a kiss on my cheek.

"Anything for my girl." Haven squealed. "You two are so cute. Please stop." She said and I laughed. "Did you hear about Tatania?" Macon asked. "Yeah. That's terrible." I said. Finally Rayne came with an armful of stuff and Macon went to her side to help her.

"Can you believe my mom willingly gave me these stuff?" She asked excitedly after Macon kissed her on her cheek. Haven looked at me and smirked. "Lucky you." She said. "I had to do some snooping around. Luckily my dad was too busy with Dain to notice. What about you Mew?"

I smiled and held up the grimoire. "My gift from Larkin. This will be a lot of help." Rayne smiled. "Awesome." Macon took Rayne's hand and she blushed as we started walking. Larkin wrapped his arm around my waist.

I turned to look at Link and Haven. Link was staring straight ahead as he walked and Haven looked disappointed. No matter how many times she told us she didn't care that much about him, I knew she did and I knew it hurt her when he didn't pay that much attention to her.

As we reached the part out of town, I spotted Fabian with a group of guys. I turned my head, hoping my hair would hide me. I didn't want to see him after what happened.

Larkin greeted him and I mentally groaned. "Hey Mew." I heard him call. I mentally prepared myself before I turned and gave a small smile. "Hi." I said trying to walk faster so I wouldn't have to talk to him. "So, about that dinner-"

"She said no the last time. Can't you take a hint?" Asked Haven in annoyance. Larkin chuckled. "Why are you asking my girl out to dinner anyway?" My heart raced. Hearing him call me that was a serotonin boost.

"Your girl?" Asked Fabian. "Yeah don't you know she's my girlfriend?" Questioned Larkin. Fabian had an unreadable expression on his face while he looked at me. "No I didn't." He said softly. "Well now you know. Anyway let's go." Said Haven appearing at my side and gently pulling me forward.

We all walked past them. "He asked you out to dinner?" Asked Larkin. I nodded. "Yeah. He got the wrong idea after I kissed him but I told him no so I don't know why he's still asking."

"He's used to getting any girl he wants so since you rejected him, obviously he's gonna try harder."

"He should get a life. That guy annoys me so much and I don't even know why." Muttered Haven and I chuckled. Soon we reached the park and I realised it wasn't that far from the town.

Larkin took the key out and unlocked the gate as we all stepped in. "Wow." Breathed Rayne. "Rayne, let's see if we can get on top of the jungle gym just by flying." Suggested Haven.

"Ooh that's a good idea." I said as I sat down on one of the benches. Haven and Rayne stood in front of the jungle gym. Haven closed her eyes and let out a deep breath before her feet lifted off the ground and she quickly floated up before she landed gracefully on top. I clapped my hands.

"That was amazing!" She smiled and curtsied. "Come on Rayne. Your turn." Rayne smiled nervously before I saw her feet lift off, she wobbled as she floated up and managed to land on the jungle gym. She let out a breath. "That was scary." She muttered as she flopped down.

"But you managed to do it. I'm proud of you! We're gonna practise until you get it right." Said Haven enthusiastically. She turned to me. "So Mew, what's in that book?"

I opened the grimoire. "It has a list of all the powers." I told her. Rayne gasped. "Well tell us." She said excitedly.

"Okay, it says here that a demon's abilities are, teleportation, immortality, mind control, possession, fire, they have a human form and a demon form, glowing eyes and a red aura."

"Possession?" Asked Rayne. "Mind control?" Asked Haven. I stared at the list and looked at Larkin. "You're... immortal." I murmured. He gave me a sad look. "Yeah." He answered. My heart was ready to break. Larkin was immortal, he would never die. What would happen when I would die?

Has he lived another life before this? Has he had another girlfriend before me? Haven snapped me out of my thoughts. "Go on and read the next one." I nodded slowly.