Chapter 28 - Happy birthday

"Are you excited? I'm excited. Why aren't you excited?" Asked Jinx as she rummaged around in my closet for clothes.

I was sitting on my bed with Pico on my lap while she chose an outfit for me to wear. "It's just my birthday. Nothing really exciting about that." I said.

"It is!" She exclaimed before she pulled out a red top with faint hand prints on, a black skirt and platform boots. "This will look hot on you. Go shower and put it on." She clapped her hands and started packing away the clothes she'd thrown out.

I smiled and rolled my eyes as Pico got off me. "Yes boss." I answered before I got up and left my room. The scent of chocolate filled my nose and I hummed happily.

Apparently my mom was up early to make me a cake and organize a party for me. A part of me wanted to be annoyed because she was never there for all my other parties but now I knew the reason and I was glad she was here this time.

I showered quickly and dressed into the outfit Jinx gave me. I put on a little make up and brushed my hair and left it loose.

I went downstairs with Pico and saw a mess in the kitchen. There were dirty bowls and spoons on every surface of the counter. My mom had a small stain of flour on her cheek and I giggled. She turned to me and hugged me.

"Happy birthday my beautiful girl."

"Thanks mom. Why didn't you use a spell or something? It wouldn't be this messy."

"Oh no I could never. Where's the fun in that?"

The doorbell rang. "I'll get it." I said before I went to the door and opened it. Rayne and Haven stood there with a handful of bags. "Woah what's all that?" I asked.

"Your presents. Happy birthday best friend." Said Haven air kissing me on my cheek. "Happy birthday Mew. I can't wait for you to open these." Said Rayne excitedly and I moved to the side so they could walk in.

"I have a present too." Said Pico. "Wait really?" I questioned. He nodded. "Jinx helped me." I smiled and bent down and hugged him. "Oh Pico thank you."

"Hey don't hold me like that." He said grumpily and we laughed. "Do you know who's all coming?" Asked Rayne as we walked upstairs into my room. "Larkin definitely. Tatania and Link and Macon." I sat down on my bed. "I really miss Miss Caine. Remember how we always had a class party whenever it was anyone's birthday? She put in so much effort."

Haven sighed. "Please don't make me cry on your birthday."

"I still feel bad about all the lives lost." Murmured Rayne and we sat in silence for a while before the doorbell rang. "Come on girls. We can mourn later, today's a special day." Said Haven winking. We went downstairs and I saw my mom icing the cake.

Jinx was already at the door and she opened it revealing Tatania. "Hi birthday girl. You look gorgeous." She came in and hugged me tightly before handing me a bag. "Oh Tatania, thanks." She winked at me and I put the bag down next to the staircase.

Haven, Rayne and I sat in the lounge. Haven surfed through the channels trying to find something to watch on TV. "I actually have something to tell you guys but it's Mew's special day." Said Rayne sheepishly. I shook my head. "No way. Tell us."

Her cheeks turned pink. "Macon and I are dating. Well, he asked me to be his girlfriend." I smiled and Haven shot up and hugged her.

"Oh my gosh I'm so happy for you!" I nodded. "Same! You two look so adorable together."

"You should totally ask him about his eyepatch though. I wanna know the reason." Said Haven and Rayne laughed.

There was a arm around my shoulder and a kiss on my cheek. "Happy birthday gorgeous." I stood up and hugged Larkin before we kissed. He smiled at me and held me before he handed me a big bag. "I hope you'll like it." He said.

"Of course I will." I took it from him and Haven squealed. "You two are adorable."

"Hey now that everyone is here, let's go eat some cake." I said. Rayne got up. "I've been waiting for this part."