Chapter 26 - First date

My mind was in a daze as I showered after dinner. I kept replaying the scene in my head. I know I saw her, she was there.

So why couldn't Pico see her?

When I finished in the shower, I put on a short blue dress and purple heels before I put some make up on. I tied my hair in a bun and looked in the mirror above my desk.

I needed to redye my roots.

It was half past seven so I went down the stairs to the living room and sat on the couch with my phone in my hand. I messaged Rayne and Haven about the date.

"Where you going?" Asked my mom from the kitchen. She was eating. "Out. Somewhere. With someone." She chuckled. "Have fun okay? And make sure you eat." I nodded. "Yeah." The doorbell rang and I hastily got up and answered it.

Larkin stood there looking hot as usual. He wore a black top, ripped jeans and sneakers. He had a few rings on his fingers and I noticed his ears were loaded with piercings.

"Hey beautiful." He leaned in and planted a kiss on my cheek. "Hey." I said immediately feeling my cheeks go red. He took my hand. "I missed you." I smiled while he chuckled.

"I missed you too." I managed to say back looking anywhere but his eyes. As we walked into town I wasn't so shy anymore and we spoke about a lot of things. I watched him as he spoke, seeing that smirk on his lips and the way his green eyes twinkled.

I was lucky.

The town looked magical. Fairy lights were strung on trees adding light. A few people walked around and spoke among themselves. We reached a big restaurant. "It's not too fancy but not too... not fancy." Said Larkin and I chuckled.

"They have the best burgers here. You eat burgers right?" I chuckled again. "Yes-" I mentally psyched myself up. "-my love. Everyone eats burgers." He smiled again. A real heart stopping smile. We walked in and a waiter led us to a table, handing us menus.

The restaurant had a retro vibe to it and I spotted a jukebox in the corner with colorful lights around it. I looked at the menu and everything looked really appetizing. "Anything caught your eye?" Asked Larkin looking at me over the menu.

"Hmm the burger with extra cheese sounds promising. And a chocolate milkshake." Simple but tasty.

"Good choice princess. I'll go with that too." When the waiter came back we gave our order and he took our menus.

Larkin was talking but I kept zoning out. The woman's face was etched in my brain. Larkin reached out and touched my hand. "Everything okay beautiful?" I nodded. "Yeah um, this might sound weird but-"

"Hey man. Didn't expect to see you here." A deep voice sent shivers down my spine. It was Corpse and Tatania. "This place is perfect for first dates." Answered Larkin.

Tatania smiled. "We're on a date too." She said and I tried my best to hide my surprise. They looked like polar opposites. Corpse wearing dark clothes with a mysterious look on his face while Tatania was always smiling and literally seemed to glow but you know, opposites attract.

"Can we join?" She asked in a sweet tone and Larkin nodded. So did I.

She took a seat next to me while Corpse sat next to Larkin. "Is this your first date too?" I managed to ask. I was quiet the whole time and I didn't want to seem rude. Tatania laughed. "Oh no. We've been going out for a while." She said looking adoringly into Corpse's eyes.

I could tell they were in love. "That's cute." I said and Larkin winked at me. "You didn't tell me you had a girl." Said Corpse nudging his brother.

"I hardly see you but yeah, that's my girl Mew." I mentally sighed as I felt my cheeks heat up. "I love that really. As soon as I saw you two together, I knew you were gonna be a couple." Said Tatania.

Our food came and Corpse and Tatania ordered theirs. I waited until their food came before I ate. I nibbled on the fries as we spoke to one another.

"I need the bathroom." Said Tatania before she stood up and excused herself. "I'll go too." Said Corpse. Larkin sat in Tatania's spot next to me and picked up a chip before he told me to open my mouth. I laughed but opened it and he put the chip in my mouth.

I giggled. "I'm so happy you're my girl." He whispered looking at me. I giggled again. What was wrong with me?

"I'm happy too." I replied. He leaned in and my heart raced before he placed his lips on mine.