Chapter 27 - The strange woman again

"And then he kissed me and I felt fireworks explode in my stomach." I said as I clutched my hands together and savoured the memory. It was early.

About eight in the morning. Haven, Rayne and I were at the potion bar. Tatania had made us potions while I told them about the date with Larkin. "What happened afterwards?" Asked Tatania as she leaned over the table. "You and Larkin were gone when we came back." I smiled.

"Larkin paid for our food and we ran out of the restaurant hand in hand before we stood by a tree and kissed even more." As I thought about the memory I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach.

I sighed. "I'm so in love with him really."

Haven squealed. "I'm literally so happy for you two! You're really living the life." She said getting up to hug me.

I nodded before I took a sip of the potion in front of me. "How are things with you and Link?" I asked her and Rayne nodded. "Yeah. Have you two kissed yet?" She asked excitedly. Haven shook her head. "Not yet. He's really sweet, trust me but I'm starting to think he might not like me."

"Nonsense. How could he not like you?" Questioned Tatania and Rayne and I agreed. "I've left a lot of signals but he's just not picking up on it. It's cool though." Haven waved her hand acting all care free.

Rayne and I shared a look. We knew it saddened her. "So Mew, what are you doing for your birthday? I heard it's in two days time." Said Tatania and I widened my eyes. "Really? Already? I totally forgot about it." I admitted.

"Haven and I have something special planned." Said Rayne with a smile. Haven smiled too. "Oh yeah. I can't believe our girl will be eighteen." I chuckled. "It's no big deal."

"It totally is!"

Tatania smiled. "I hope I'm invited." I nodded. "Uh sure. Gosh now I still have to invite people." I groaned and they laughed. We finished our drinks and said bye to Tatania before we walked out the potion bar.

Haven, Rayne and I linked our arms and walked through the town, window shopping. "The clothing style here is so hot." Mentioned Haven. "I like the dress with the spikes. I'll have to ask my parents for money." Murmured Rayne.

"Woah hey Mew. I haven't seen you in a while." I turned around and froze. Fabian stood there with a few other boys around him. He had his hands in his pockets and he looked at me. "Oh... hi." I muttered.

The memory of kissing him came back and I almost winced. Kissing him didn't feel nearly as good as kissing Larkin. "You didn't call me back." He said taking a step forward. Haven stepped closer. "And? She didn't have to." I smiled. I loved her.

I put my hand on her shoulder. "Yeah I'm sorry about that I guess, but what happened... was a mistake okay? I was jealous and drunk. I wasn't thinking straight. Sorry if I made you catch any feelings." With Haven and Rayne by my side I felt much better speaking my mind.

"Can we go out to dinner though? I want to get to know you." I shook my head. "No thanks." I said before I turned around with Haven and Rayne in tow. "Yes girl, you did that!" Exclaimed Haven in excitement when we were far away.

I smiled. "I'm so glad you two were there. He kinda intimidates me." Haven took my hand. "If he bothers you, just send him to me. I'll handle him with my fairy powers." Rayne giggled. "Or Mew can hex him and turn him into a frog." We all laughed.

"Remind me never to get drunk again." I said as we walked out of town linking our arms again. "Ugh same. The hangover was the worst." Commented Haven. "At least you didn't do something stupid."

"But that stupid thing got you and Larkin together." Mentioned Rayne and I smiled. "Yeah it did."

I stopped in my tracks. "Do you hear that?" Rayne leaned forward. "Someone singing?"

"Sounds like chanting." We continued on walking but the voice got louder. "causa calamitatis! liberos suos necant!" We looked behind us but there was no one in sight.

I looked back in front and shrieked. The lady was there again. She had on a light blue dress but the ends were covered in dirt and her face was distorted. She looked hideous and she was running towards us.

"We have to go!" I yelled pulling them with me as I ran back. "What's going on?" Questioned Rayne with a look of terror on her face.

"That lady, she's running after us!" I didn't want to look back, I just kept running. "Wait! Mew wait!" Exclaimed Haven as she took her arm out of mine and stopped. I reluctantly stopped, scared of what the lady would do when she caught up.

"Mew, what lady?" I looked back at the now clear path. "But..."

"Maybe she stopped and ran into the woods." Said Rayne still looking terrified. "How do you even know she was chasing us?" Asked Haven. "Because I've seen her before and she choked me and Pico couldn't see her and..." I bent over, trying to catch my breath.

Haven stepped closer to me. "What do you mean she choked you?" She asked looking concerned.

"When I came home from Rayne's house. I passed the cemetery and heard someone crying. I went to check it out and saw her. I asked her what's wrong and then she just lunged at me and choked me then I blacked out." I explained.

"Oh my gosh. It was already dark when you left. I can't believe that happened to you." Said Rayne pulling me into a hug.

"This is the third time I've seen her and it's weird that no one can... I think." Haven turned back to the path and stared at it for a while.

"Have you told your mom?"

I shook my head. "No."

"I think you should. Clearly that woman is a danger to you." I looked back at the path and shuddered.