Chapter 40 - At Haven's house

We were just about to enter the forest when something was thrown in front of us. "Hey!" Exclaimed Haven in annoyance. Another thing was thrown just inches away from her face.

"They're tomatoes." Murmured Rayne. Fabian and his usual group of friends stood there juggling tomatoes in their hands. "Get out of here!" Shouted one. "You don't belong here!" Shouted another.

What?

One aimed at me and threw but Larkin caught it. "What's the meaning of this?" He asked sternly.

"Your girl is a dark witch. And her friend is a dark fairy. They don't belong here." Hissed the second guy. "And you think that gives you the right to throw stuff at them?" Asked Larkin, fists clenched.

"They're evil. They'll kill us all." Said the first one as he threw a tomato at Haven. It hit her on her chest and fell to the ground. I stepped forward, brows furrowed. "Hey-"

"Who the hell do you think you are throwing things at my girl?" Link stood in front of Haven. His tone was low and he looked calm even though I could feel the anger radiating off him. The second guy spat and turned around. "Let's leave these losers." He hissed and the rest of the group followed him.

Fabian's eyes lingered on me before he turned away. "How? How did they know?" Asked Haven softly. That was a good question. We walked in silence all the way to Haven's house.

Her house was a white double storey with a balcony. The inside was warm and cozy. It looked completely modern. A toddler in a diaper ran to us once we stepped inside. "Sissy! Sissy!" He screamed as he wrapped his tiny arms around Haven's waist.

"Aww he's gotten so big." Cooed Rayne. Oren rushed downstairs. "Hi sorry about him. He tends to get real playful after bath time. Come on Dain." He said as he picked the small boy up. "Come on." Haven led us upstairs and to her room.

Everything was white and I noticed there was a walk in closet. "Wow. If Jinx were here she'd go wild." I said as I looked inside. Haven sat down on her bed. "How the heck do they know?" She asked. "I don't know if there's anyone else who could've known. It's strange." Muttered Link.

"I think I know whose been summoning dead people to attack us." I said and they looked at me. "Last night I heard singing and I followed it to the cemetery. There was this dark skinned woman with bright red hair. She attacked me." Rayne gasped.

"Thankfully Larkin was there. Wait, how did you know where to find me?" He tapped his temple. "Must be a sixth sense."

"I'm so glad you're okay!" Exclaimed Rayne as she threw her arms around my neck. "I have a plan. What if we go to the cemetery tonight? There won't be enough time to call each other if she shows up and we can't risk our parents overhearing us. I say we take the fight to her." Suggested Haven. Rayne's eyes widened.

"Have you gone insane?" She whispered. "We're not strong enough. We won't be able to do anything."

"I think we will. It will be six against one. She can only chant so many spells at once. It's either that or someone else dies." Said Larkin. Rayne shook her head. "No. No way, it's a bad idea."

"We're gonna have to defeat her anyway. This could be our only chance." Said Haven but Rayne wasn't convinced. She looked at me and as I was about to say something, I saw someone outside. I walked to Haven's window and saw the woman that chased Haven, Rayne and I. We stared at each other for a moment and I wasn't sure what to do.

"Mew?" Called Larkin. The woman turned and began walking through the forest. "It's that woman. We have to follow her." I said quickly before I ran out the door.

"Wait!" Called Rayne. I heard footsteps behind me. I reached the front door and opened it, completely forgetting about my umbrella. Rain poured down as I ran. I could see a figure up ahead and I wasn't sure if it was the woman but I kept running.

I didn't have time to look back and see who was following me. I was completely soaked by the rain and it was kinda hard to see. I saw the cemetery up ahead.

It was now or never.

~~~
A/n: 7 chapters left :) thank you for reading <3