Chapter 20 - The potion bar

We enter the bar and it has such a warm vibe to it that I can't help but smile. Everyone was sitting and chatting in little groups. We walked to the bar and I saw a beautiful young woman.

She had long curly blonde hair, her skin was practically glowing. Freckles littered her nose and cheeks and her lips were pink and plump. I could tell straight away that she was a fairy.

"Hi Larkin and hello to you gorgeous." She greeted and I smiled at her. "This is Tatania, the other leader. Tatania, this beautiful girl is Mew." I blushed. All the compliments were going to make my heart burst.

"Oh hello Mew. You're right Larkin she is beautiful. You must be Kyoka's daughter." Her voice was light and cheery. I could listen to it all day.

"Yes, it's nice to meet you."

"Likewise. What would you two like?"

Larkin turned to me. "I think you'll really like the Icy dragon."

"Then that's what I'll go with." He turned to Tatania. "I'll have the Hot shroom." Pico jumped up on my lap and Tatania's eyes sparkled. "Oh my gosh! How cute." She scratched his chin and he purred loudly. I laughed.

Tatania turned away and got out two big jars. She poured blue liquid into one and red liquid into the other before putting a scaled tail into the blue one and three coloured balls. She put a big red mushroom into the red one and a black feather.

She put straws in and slid the drinks over to us. "Enjoy my loves." We thanked her. "You said witches make the potions here." He nodded. "There was a witch that worked here but she's very ill so Tatania decided to help out and keep this bar running. The witch left her ingredients and recipes and they're not as good as the witch's but they're still damn good."

I took a sip and my eyes widened. It had a menthol blueberry flavour and it literally seemed to burst on my tongue as I swallowed. "This is so good." I breathed out savoring the flavour. Larkin grinned. "Right?"

After that Larkin paid for our drinks and he took me home. "Thanks. I had a lovely time." I said as I stood outside the front door. He smirked. "I'm glad you did. I'll be here tomorrow at eight pm to take you to the party okay?" I nodded. "Okay." When I went inside I immediately got my phone out and face timed Rayne and Haven. I told them everything.

"Wait rewind. He kissed you on your forehead? Mew, why aren't you guys dating?!" Exclaimed Haven as she did a little dance in her room while Rayne and I laughed.

"Well why aren't you and Link dating? Plus I don't like him in that way so I don't know why he did that." They both gasped. "You don't like him in that way? He took time out of his day to show you around the town and spend money on you and you're denying your feelings?" Asked Rayne.

I pouted. I was confused. I never had a boy like me and I never liked a boy either. All this attention from Larkin was confusing me and my feelings and I wasn't sure whether I wanted him.

"I'm not denying my feelings. I'm just... confused. I have no idea what to do and I'm not sure if I'm ready to... date someone like Larkin."

"Someone like Larkin?" Repeated Haven raising her eyebrow. "That guy is practically in love with you Mew. You're more than ready to date someone like him."

"Oh by the way there's a party tomorrow and I'm going. You two coming?"

"Oh my gosh yes! Rayne please come." Rayne chuckled. "I didn't say I wasn't gonna but we have to be cautious okay? We'll be going to a party filled with fairies, witches and demons and we won't be able to defend ourselves in any way."

"Well that's why Larkin is going with. I don't know about Link and Macon." Haven heaved a sighed. "If something doesn't happen between you and Larkin tomorrow, I'm gonna go crazy."

"Oh, I met Tatania too. One of the leaders. She's stunning and so nice, you guys have to meet her!" We talked some more afterwards, thankfully not about Larkin before my mom came home. I said goodbye to Haven and Rayne and hung up.

She put her bag down and sat next to me. "Wanna learn new spells?" I smiled. "Is that even a question?" She gestured to the stairs. "Call Jinx. We can go to my lair." I tilted my head. "Lair?"

She nodded and smiled. "I like to call it that."

I went upstairs and knocked on Jinx's door before I opened it. She was laying on her bed with her phone in her hand. "Mom said she's gonna teach us new spells. You coming?"

She shook her head. "Not right now. I don't feel well." I tilted my head in confusion. "What's wrong?"

"I'm just so tired and I have this bad headache. Next time okay?" I nodded. "Alright." I closed her door and went downstairs. "Jinx said she's not feeling well."

"Will she be fine on her own?" Questioned my mom standing up. "Yeah she'll manage." I answered.