Chapter 33 - Bad feeling

"Rayne! Are you okay?" I immediately hugged her once her mom let me in the house. Her eyes were red and puffy and I could tell she had been crying. "I'm so sorry that happened to you." I told her.

"I'm sorry too. My dad said the same thing happened to you."

"I'm sorry for both of you." Said Haven who appeared next to us and hugged us both. I turned to her. "I'm so glad you're here. I need to tell you something."

"Come on up to my room." Said Rayne. "Are you sure?" I asked and she nodded. "My mom saged the room so it should be safe now." She answered and we followed her down a hallway to a beautiful light green room. There were pixies painted on the walls and fairy lights everywhere.

There was a desk with a stack of old maps on them. "Wow this room really suits you." Breathed Haven as we sat on the double bed. "Now what's up?" She asked me. "Ever heard of a dark fairy?"

She shook her head. I told them about what my mom told me. About breaking up with Larkin, that I was a dark witch and she was a dark fairy.

While I was talking I had to will myself not to cry. "That's nonsense! Literal nonsense!" Exclaimed Haven and I smiled a little. I knew she would have this reaction. "Tell me you're not gonna break up with Larkin right? I mean, who cares that we're dark witches and fairies? If they wanna kill us then let them-"

Rayne and I both widened our eyes. "Woah stop. I actually don't want to be killed." I said but Haven wasn't listening. "And what nonsense is it that my mom died because of us? They probably made up the whole thing."

"But that's impossible. Mew said she can hex and only dark witches can do that. I don't think they made it up." Told Rayne. Haven looked down. "So then, my mom died because of my brother and I?" Her voice cracked and Rayne and I immediately went to her side. It was a rare sight to see Haven cry.

"It's all my dad's fault. If only he hadn't hooked up with a dark fairy." She was full on crying now and so was I as Rayne and I hugged her. "It's okay guys. You're both still special to me." Whispered Rayne.

There was a knock on the door and Nixie came in. Her expression instantly changed once she saw us. "Oh no, what's wrong?" She hurriedly came toward us and put her arms around us humming a slow tune. She rubbed mine and Haven's heads. "Rayne, go ask your dad to make some cookies okay?" She whispered and Rayne got up and left.

I suddenly felt lighter and more calmer and saw a yellow sparkly dust on me. Was that fairy dust? "You two should be more calm now. I'm going to give you cookies and then you can sleep here. I'll make sure you girls have a good rest." She said. Haven sniffed. "Is that okay with you?" She asked.

"Of course. I'll tell your parents you are safe. Now lay on the bed. I'll be back with extra pillows." She said before she let go of us. I wiped my tears and Pico jumped up on my lap, purring again.

I stroked his fur while Haven laid down on the bed. "Will you be okay?" I asked her. "Honestly, I don't know." She answered. "It's a lot to take in."

"I know." Rayne returned and joined us on the bed. I held Pico and laid down too. "So what now? Do we just go on like normal?" Asked Haven. "I don't know, really."

"Hey, tomorrow let's do research and find out about our powers okay? And I don't know, focus on getting stronger. It's random but it's something. I don't know if we'll be chosen as the next leaders and I don't want to be one if you guys aren't too but we should at least get stronger and be able to protect ourselves if anything happens." Said Rayne.

"Like last night." I answered. Suddenly my stomach dropped and I felt uneasy. A number flashed in my mind. The number three. "Are you okay Mew? You look kinda pale." Said Haven.

"I don't know but I have a really bad feeling. I can't seem to put my finger on it."

"What do you mean?" Asked Rayne. "I feel like something bad... I don't know. Something doesn't seem right." I frowned, trying to figure out what I was feeling and why the number three kept being repeated in my head. The smell of chocolate entered the room and I immediately felt nauseous and sat up.

"Do you need water? Let me get you water." Said Rayne as she got up as well. I didn't have time to stop her as she sped out of the room.