Chapter 46 - Final battle

It was stuffy inside. I looked behind me at all the gravestones. I think I saw my friends coming.

Good.

"Corpse!" Shouted Larkin. He held his palm out while we walked and a flame appeared in his hand. There was silence except for our footsteps and the hiss of the flame. I saw the staircase in front of us. "He must be down there." I said grabbing Larkin's arm. The adrenaline had worn off and I was starting to get scared.

We walked down the stairs and I strained my ears to hear anything. Any sound. There were none except for our footsteps. As we walked further and further I was beginning to see that we were in a tunnel of some sort. There seemed to be endless long corridors and endless corners to turn.

"We're never gonna find him at this rate." Said Larkin before he let out a frustrated sigh. We stood still and I listened again. I heard footsteps. Someone was running. Fast.

The footsteps got louder and louder and I turned around. Something was running towards us. "Look out!" I cried as I pulled away from Larkin and automatically moved in front of him. I was hit hard by a strong force and I was flung down the corridor.

I landed on the ground and pain shot up through my body. I hit my head hard and I saw stars in my vision. I quickly got up. There was another person there. They were transparent and I realized Larkin couldn't see them as they charged toward him. I held out my arm.

"obstructionum." I chanted. The person knocked into an invisible wall in front of Larkin and fell. "Mew run." Instructed Larkin. "No, you can't see-"

"Go find Corpse please. I'll be fine. Just go." The person was beginning to stand up. Larkin couldn't see them and I had to be there to help but I also knew I had to listen. I got up and ran down the corridor without looking back.

I was getting dizzy and tired so I stopped running and walked instead, panting as I did. It was dark so I chanted a spell for light and the purple light appeared in my palm. I gasped loudly and saw the walls were streaked with blood.

Well I thought it was blood. It was dark red, what else could it be? 'Mew where are you?' I looked around in confusion. "Mom?" I called out but didn't see her anywhere.

'I'm speaking to you telepathically. Where are you?'

Oh.

"I'm in a tunnel of some sort. Just go downstairs in the oval thing. I don't know how far I am from the entrance but I'm looking for Corpse.

'You're inside? We can't enter the building.'

"What do you mean?"

'There's a barrier preventing us from entering. My spells aren't working. She must've made it that only you and Corpse could enter.'

Oh no. I needed all the help I could get right now and if my mom or friends couldn't help, I was in trouble.

I continued walking.

'I'll try to find another way in. Stay where you are okay?' I scoffed. "I'm trying to find Corpse. He's probably with the witch. I can't wait for you." My mom sighed.

'Stay safe then.'

Suddenly I heard grunting of some sort. I followed the noise and came across a lit hall. Corpse and the witch stood across each other. She held her arm and I saw blood dripping onto the floor. "There she is. I'm glad you decided to join us." She said with a sinister smile on her face.

"What do you want?" I asked. "Why do you keep hurting us?" Her smile vanished and she was scowling now. "You hurt my friend!" She shrieked. "Minerva is gone because of you."

"Oh really? She killed someone! She dropped him onto a floor of spikes. Lots of lives were lost at the circus and you think we hurt her? You're insane." I spat out. I was starting to get angry. She was hurting us, she killed Tatania and her siblings because we "hurt" Minerva?

Corpse dashed toward her and punched her in her stomach. It all happened so fast that I nearly missed what happened. The witch fell to the ground and coughed. "Mew, get out of here. I'll deal with her." He told me in a low tone.

What? No way was I gonna leave now. "No." Said the witch. She held out her arm and pinned Corpse against a wall. She dashed toward me and I ran to dodge her but she grabbed my wrist and held me toward her.

Corpse fell to the ground. "You're a real hard one to get rid of. Don't worry, it will all be over soon." She said before I felt a sharp pain in my lower back. I cried out and realised she had stabbed me.

Tears escaped my eyes when she pulled the blade out and pushed me to the ground. Corpse stood up. "Don't move or I'll stab her again. I'll kill her just like I killed your girlfriend." That seemed to push him over the edge and he dashed toward her. She managed to stab me again before she moved out of the way and I was almost hit by Corpse.

His eyes widened once he saw the knife in my back. I was full on crying now from the pain. "It's okay." I told him through the tears. "It's not your fault." I heard footsteps behind me. "Mew!" Shouted Larkin as he rushed to my side. "No no baby this wasn't supposed to happen."

"It's okay. Stop her." My eyelids were beginning to feel heavy and I felt all my energy being drained from me. "Baby don't close your eyes please." I managed to look up at him and I was surprised to see his tear streaked face.

"I'll try not to, just stop her before she hurts anyone else again." I said desperately. I just wanted this to be over already. He stood up and flames immediately engulfed his body before he stood in his demon form.

Wow.

He looked scary too. He looked down at me and his eyes filled me with warmth. I knew he wasn't going to let me die. He stood next to Corpse. It was a mission to keep my head up but I had to see what would happen. Out of the corner of my eye I saw two transparent people.

Oh no.

I was tired. So, so tired but I had to do something. As I got up to my knees, there was a lot of pain in my back. I stretched my arm out.

"salviae flore et urere." I said softly. I was afraid it wouldn't work. I had no energy to shout and warn Larkin and Corpse. But I was in luck. The sage appeared on them and burnt. They cried out as they disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

Larkin turned to me. "Mew." My feet suddenly lifted off the ground and I felt myself being choked. I was flung against the wall and the blade went deeper in my back. I couldn't even cry out because my airways were being blocked.

I heard a growl and saw fire. Lots of it. I was about to pass out from the pain and lack of air. Suddenly I heard a crack.

I dropped down to the floor. It was silent and I closed my eyes.