Chapter 14 - Dargan's house

We walked in silence and eventually came across a room. It was noisy inside and we took a peek in. Haven gasped. There were about three clowns. They each had dried blood on their clothes and sinister smiles on their faces.

One of them had their bones twisted in a weird way. Rayne stood as far away from them as she could while Link and Macon stood across the clowns. I saw Larkin on the side sitting in a pool of blood.

My eyes widened. "Larkin!" I unexpectedly shouted, gaining everyone's attention. I ran to him and kneeled down next to him, ignoring the blood soak through my stockings and skirt. I took his hand. He looked pale but he still managed to smirk at me.

"Hey Mew. You shouldn't be here." I ignored him and looked for his injury. There was a deep wound in his stomach. Tears unwillingly formed in my eyes. I turned hoping to see Jinx behind me but she was still at the door with Haven. There was a clown approaching her and one approaching Larkin and I.

I panicked. I didn't know any spells and I didn't know how to fight either. I turned to Larkin. "I'm sorry." I whispered holding onto his hand tightly as tears fell down my cheeks.

"It's okay beautiful." He said lifting his hand up and stroking my cheek.

"duratus!" Exclaimed a voice. It was my mom's. The clown that was approaching us stood still in place. It screamed a piercing scream. Oren and Harlequin came in and restrained all three clowns with vines. Jinx ran towards Larkin and I and kneeled down on the other side of him, putting her hands above his wound and healing him.

He was still pale but at least he was healed. "I'll take him out." Said Dargan who had appeared next to me. "You should all get out of here. Dargan, will you take them to yours?" Asked my mom and he nodded.

The cat jumped up onto my lap and I let go of Larkin's hand to scoop it into my arms and stand up. I saw Haven with Rayne at the door already. Jinx placed her hand on my back and we walked out the room.

Jinx chanted the light spell and the white light appeared in her palm again as we walked back through the narrow hallway. It took a while but we finally made it out and we were back in the tent.

It was still empty.

Dargan held Larkin up as he walked and led us out of the tent. Suddenly we were in front of a huge beige mansion that was probably five stories tall. There were a lot of windows and we were surrounded by trees.

"Where are we?" Asked Jinx in awe. "My house." Replied Dargan. "But how?" I asked. "Teleportation is one of a demons abilities." Answered Macon. We followed Dargan to the double doors and it opened by itself. It was a bit dark inside.

There were lit candles everywhere which was the only source of light. "Make yourselves at home. If you're hungry you can summon one of the maids. The living room is straight ahead behind the staircase.

He walked upstairs with Larkin while we all went to the living room. I didn't want to sit down because my stockings and skirt had blood on it but Jinx sat down anyway. "He literally has maids here. They can clean it up."

"But still. Would you like it if someone sat on your furniture while they had blood on them?"

"It's alright." I jumped at a voice behind me and saw an old woman in a maid outfit. "We'll clean it up and Sir Dargan won't mind anyway." I sat in between Rayne and Jinx. "Woah. I've never been to a demons house before. It's creepy but cool." Said the cat as it looked around the large living room.

It was right.

Although the couches were comfortable, there were weird paintings on the wall and it felt like we were being watched.

Rayne gasped. "Where did you get that cat? And why is it talking?" I shrugged. "Why are you talking?"

"You know it's not unusual for animals to talk here. You shouldn't act so surprised."

"And where exactly is here?" Asked Jinx. The cat sighed. "Kinbronds."

"Wait, so it's true then. You never knew about your abilities?" Asked Macon. "Well we did but we never told anyone or did anything about it." Answered Haven. "Ah I see. One of the people at the circus must've lured you in without knowing you had powers." Said the cat.

"So then, you were told at a young age that you're demons?" Questioned Rayne. Link smirked. "Well yeah. All demons are in hell for the first time before they decide to come to Earth. It would've been strange if we weren't told. I'm just not sure about this leader thing they spoke about."

"You guys don't know about the leaders? Just where have you been living then?" Asked the cat.

"Well, could you explain it to us?" Asked Jinx. "Alright alright." Answered the cat. "Wait, what's your name and um are you a male or a female?" I asked not wanting to offend it.

Thankfully it didn't look offended. "I'm a male and the names Pico."