Chapter 13 - The cat

Jinx had a bag around her and one of the spell books from home. She held me as we walked to the door. I wiped my tears and saw Dargan fighting Miss Kadakia.

She didn't stand a chance. He was overpowering her and she didn't have time to chant any spells. Jinx pushed me out gently and Haven stepped out and stood beside me. "What now?" She asked Jinx.

"We find the others." Answered Jinx with a look of determination on her face. "How did you get here?" I asked her. "I walked. I kept on getting this bad feeling about the circus and I decided to come and check up on you. Luckily I brought the spell book with me."

We walked straight through the tunnel. It was dark and we had to walk slowly in case we bumped into anything. Jinx couldn't find a spell for light because it was too dark to read.

Suddenly we saw light up ahead. "Be careful." Said Jinx as we walked toward the light. It was another room. Jinx backed up against the wall and we did the same. She took a peek into the room. "It's empty." She whispered.

Haven and I took a peek into the room and Jinx slowly walked into it. Luckily this room didn't have a spot of blood. Suddenly something caught my eye. I turned and saw a small figure in the shadows.

"Guys, look." I said preparing myself. "It's a cat." Said Haven and I took a closer look to see a black cat with bright yellow eyes. "Oh."

I walked closer to the cat and it hissed, backing up against the wall. "Don't worry kitty. We won't hurt you." It hissed again and ran past me out in the open. I saw blood on its side. "It's injured I think."

Jinx walked closer to the cat. "I just wanna take a look okay. I won't hurt you." She said in a gentle voice. The cat seemed to trust her as it stood still, waiting for her to touch it. Once she got close, she stretched her hands out over its side and a white mist appeared. "What are you doing?" Asked Haven.

"Healing it." Replied Jinx and I thought back to when she put her hand on my face and the pain subsided. Did that mean I could heal too? After a few seconds, the mist disappeared. "Alright, let's get moving. We don't want any clowns to find us." She said clutching her bag.

I walked to the cat and stroked it. It licked my hand. "Can we take it with?"

"That's not our cat." Said Haven. "But what if it gets hurt? It's too dangerous here."

Jinx sighed. "Mew is right. Keep it for now." I gently picked the cat up and held its warm body close to my chest. Before we left the room, Jinx looked for a spell to cast light and as soon as she tried it, a white light appeared in her left palm. "Let's go."

We walked through the tunnel that seemed to never end. "I hope the others are okay." Whispered Haven.

"You better hope hard enough because these people are dangerous." We all stopped. "Who said that?" I asked. "You tell me." It was a small child - like voice. Jinx scanned the area. "I don't see anyone." I looked down at the cat who seemed to smile at me. "Um, was it you?" I asked.

The cat jumped out of my arms and stretched. "You finally figured it out huh?" It said. "No way is that cat talking." Said Haven shaking her head.

"What do you mean these people are dangerous?" Asked Jinx as if a talking cat was totally normal but then again we were witches. Nothing was normal. "Haven't you seen all the bloodshed? They lure people into this circus, capture them and eat them or whatever. This place is nuts." Explained the cat.

"And how would you know?" She asked it. "I've seen it before. They see me as a stray cat. They don't really bother with me but I've seen enough and I want out."

"Do you know what we can do to stop them?"

"They're killers. It's either kill or be killed."

~~~~~

A/n: This book made it past 150 reads ! I'm literally so happy <33