Chapter 36 - Abilities

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I saw Larkin staring at me. "Right. Um, a dark fairy's abilities are shapeshifting, poison, flying, human form, fairy form, glowing eyes, claws, fairy dust that gives you nightmares and an orange aura." Haven and Rayne's eyes widened.

"Fairy form?!" They both exclaimed. "Yeah. In the fairy form you'll be able to see your wings." Explained Link. Haven and Rayne's eyes seemed to sparkle.

"Do you think I'll have a fairy form too?" Asked Rayne. "I bet you will." Answered Haven then she turned to me. "I can give people nightmares? That's crazy." I nodded.

"Okay, a light fairy's abilities are flying, human form, fairy form, glowing eyes, fairy dust that gives you sweet dreams, vines slash flowers, invisibility and light blue aura."

Rayne clapped her hands. "I have a fairy form! This is so exciting!" Suddenly Haven gasped loudly. "Invisibility. Oh my gosh I think you were invisible." I tilted my head in confusion. "What?"

"At the circus when we went to look for Rayne, we looked at the stalls and didn't see her but the second time we went, we found her and she said she had been there the entire time but we hadn't seen her. She must've been invisible."

"Oh. You're right." I said. I looked back at the grimoire and read, "A dark witch can cast spells, control the weather, perform rituals, contact the dead, predict death, telekinesis, make potions and have a purple aura."

"Woah you can control the weather? That's literally so cool." Said Rayne. I felt Larkin take my hand but I pulled it away. I knew I shouldn't be angry at him but he was literally immortal. When was he gonna tell me? And what would happen now? I read on, "Light witches can cast spells, heal, take away pain, make potions, they're sensitive, perform rituals and have a white aura."

"Now that we know what our abilities are, we should try to get stronger." Said Haven. "But how? Are you just gonna try to turn into your fairy form? What if there's a certain method you need to use to do that. You won't know how." I said.

"I know but who's gonna help us?" She had a good point. For the rest of the day, Rayne worked on her flying, Haven was coaching her. I was reading through the easiest spells and trying to memorize them. Link, Larkin and Macon decided to work on their physical skills and fought each other.

By six, I was tired and hungry. "We should call it a day." I said. "Yeah I'm so hungry right now." Said Haven. "At least we kind of achieved something. I'm not wobbling anymore when I fly." Said Rayne.

I stood up and Pico stretched. "I'm so tired. Wait!" I looked at him. "What?"

"We need to tell them about my genius plan."

"Oh right." I told them about Pico's plan to solve the mystery ourselves. Haven pumped her fist in the air. "Yes." She breathed. "No. We can't do that. It's way too dangerous." Said Rayne with a worried expression. "Think about it Rayne, if Mew and I end up saving people then everyone's gonna love dark witches and fairies. This is our time to shine." Said Haven as she slung her arm around Rayne's shoulders.

"Our parents would be mad."

"So? Who cares?"

Rayne sighed. "It sounds like a pretty good idea to me." Said Link. "That's because it is." Answered Pico. Rayne huffed. "Alright but don't say I didn't warn you." Haven hugged her. "So we're meeting here again tomorrow?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said. "Mew, let's talk." I heard Larkin say behind me. "Larkin not right now."

"No, now." I saw the rest including Pico walk out and I turned around to face Larkin. "When it comes to our relationship and there's a problem, we're gonna talk about and try to fix it okay. I don't wanna lose you. Now talk to me. Is it because I'm immortal?"

I sighed and wrapped my arms around me even though it wasn't that cold. "Yes." I said looking down. "Why didn't you tell me? You've probably been here since the beginning of time. You must've had a family before or another girlfriend or... I don't know. It just doesn't sit right with me."

Larkin closed the gap between us and took my hands. "Mew, I've been here for only nineteen years. I haven't had another family or girlfriend. You're my first girlfriend. So what if I'm immortal? I plan on staying with you till the end. We can make this work baby, I swear."

My stomach erupted with butterflies at the nickname. Maybe he was right. Maybe we could make this work.