Chapter 34 - Larkin's gift

"Tatania's siblings were killed last night. We don't know who did it but the triplets were found dead in their bedroom with hand marks around their necks. They were obviously strangled. Thank goodness we still have cookies left. I'm going to visit her and give her some. What happened was horrible." Said Nixie as she leaned against Harlequin.

"Did you say triplets?" I asked, eyes widened. Nixie nodded. "Yes. She had triplet siblings. Two boys and one girl. They were only fourteen." Harlequin rubbed her arm.

I turned to Haven and Rayne and I could tell they were thinking the same thing. Last night I couldn't get the number three out of my head and I had a bad feeling the whole time.

Rayne led us out of the kitchen and back to her room, closing the door behind us. "No way Mew. It's like you predicted it!" She whisper - yelled. I nodded slowly. "That's scary."

"This is why we need to learn more about our abilities."

"But how? Where do we even start?" Asked Haven. Rayne tapped her finger on her chin while she thought then looked at me. "Your mom has spell books right? See if you can find one related to dark witch stuff." She turned to Haven. "Since you and your brother are dark fairies, your dad must have something about your abilities. We'll meet in town and find a spot in the forest where we can see what we can do."

I thought back to the abondened park Larkin took me too. We could go there but I had no idea where it was so that was out. "Alright." I nodded and Haven did too.

"It's now eight so we'll meet up at ten near the potion bar." Stated Rayne.

We group hugged and went our separate ways. "Do you think a dead person did it? I mean, like the one that attacked you and Rayne?" Asked Pico. "I think so. They were strangled."

"Do you know what will really get you and your friends to become leaders super fast?" I shook my head. "No."

"You have to solve the mystery yourselves. You're already doing step one by trying to become stronger. Now you've gotta do some investigating and find the witch behind it. Not only will your parents be proud of you and you'll become leaders, but the people of the town will notice how a dark witch and fairy helped save the day and they wouldn't be so hateful."

Wow Pico was right. But my mom wouldn't be proud. She would kill me but that's literally a good idea and just maybe, we could get the townsfolk to see that dark witches and fairies aren't that bad. Only question is, were we brave enough to do it?

"That's a really good idea."

"Of course it is. I always come up with the best." He said arrogantly and I rolled my eyes and smiled. We walked in silence and I glanced at the cemetery when we passed it. It was deathly quiet and I kept thinking something was gonna jump out at us.

Thankfully nothing did and we made it home safely. My mom was in the kitchen and looked up when we entered. She didn't say anything as we walked past and upstairs.

When we got to my room, I closed the door and flopped down on my bed. "I think I'm gonna need Jinx's help. There's no way I can get any of mom's spell books without her noticing." In the right corner of my room I saw a bunch of bags.

Oh right, those were my presents. I got up and decided to open Larkin's one first. It was a thick brown book with the word 'grimoire' written on it. I opened it and a purple light emitted from it leaving behind sparkles. "Wow." I breathed in awe.

On the first page was a list of all witches, fairies and demons and all their powers.

On the next page was information on the leaders and the history of Kinbronds. The rest of the book was filled with spells and hexes. I hugged the book to my chest. This was exactly what I needed!

I got my phone out of my pocket and dialed Larkin's number. He answered after the second ring. "Hey beau-"

"Thank you so much! It's just what I needed, you're the best. This is great." I said all in one breath. He chuckled. "You opened the gift?"

"Yes and it's perfect. If you were here I'd smother you with kisses." I sighed. "You're literally the best."

"Guess I'll have to teleport there and make it happen." I laughed. "I have to go somewhere soon so I won't have time but thank you."

"No problem beautiful. Where you going?" I sat down on my bed. "Out with Rayne and Haven. We're planning on learning more about our abilities and trying to get stronger. Do you think you could take us to that abandoned park? It's spacious enough and the hedge walls will prevent anyone from seeing."

"Of course. Maybe Link, Macon and I can see if we can get stronger too." I smiled. "Thanks again. Meet us by the potion bar okay?"

"Alright. See you babe." I hung up and laid on my bed with a huge smile on my face. I paged through the grimoire and looked at every spell until it was ten.

"Time to go." I announced to Pico who looked up at me. He jumped into my arms. "Let's go."