Chapter 43 - Mom's approval

Shortly after that I made my way home. I would've walked with Jinx but I didn't see her anywhere. It was nice and quiet as I walked. There were clouds overhead but a ray of sun shone through the clouds making a beautiful effect.

The sand crunched under my heels. I couldn't believe that Dargan supported Corpse and Tatania's relationship. I wondered where his wife was and if she was a demon too.

A thought struck me. How did Corpse and Tatania know we were at the cemetery? Maybe my mom must've called them and told them to look for us.

Soon I was back home. My mom was already there. She was seated in the lounge. "Mew." She called just as I reached the staircase. I looked at her. "Can you call Jinx? I want to talk to both of you." I nodded.

Oh no. She was definitely going to go bezerk and scold me now. I went upstairs and knocked on Jinx's door. There was no answer. I knocked again and went in. I saw a big brown suitcase on her bed. She was furiously throwing clothes in the suitcase, not even bothering to fold them. She didn't look at me as I came in.

"Jinx, what are you doing?" I asked. "Packing. I'm leaving." What? "No. Why?" She stopped and took a deep breath before she spoke. "It's not you. I just can't do this anymore. I need to leave." She continued packing and was almost finished. "But what will mom say?"

"Who cares what she says." She zipped the bag close and hauled it off the bed. "You should leave too." She murmured as she walked past me. "Wait." I called after her as she went downstairs. My mom was standing near the front door and she frowned when she saw Jinx.

"What is that? Where are you going?" She asked as she gestured to the bag. "I'm leaving okay and you can't stop me."

"Jinx what has made you do this?" I asked. I didn't want her to leave. She couldn't leave. She was my sister and I needed her.

"Yes I'd like to know as well." Said my mom as she folded her arms. "You really want to know? I have a boyfriend okay. A human boyfriend. I've been seeing him for a year now and I love him too much. I don't care about magic anymore. I don't care that I'm a witch. All I want to do is be with him and if that means leaving, then I'm willing to do it."

"No Jinx. What about me? I need you here. You've been my biggest supporter and you looked after me so long. You can't leave." I told her, walking toward her and taking her hand.

"I'm sorry Mew but they won't allow us to be with the people we love."

"That's... actually what I wanted to talk to you girls about." We both looked at our mom.

"I know what I said before about not being able to date another... species. It's true and you'd most likely get killed. After Mew was conceived and the leaders found out, they killed your dad. I loved him so much. I still love him and I wish he was here to see you both. Because of that I didn't want the same to happen to my precious girls. I didn't want you to be killed and shunned just because of loving someone you're not meant to. After hearing what Dargan said today... it changed my way of thinking. I mean, if Larkin truly loves you and is willing to you give you the world, go be with him. Nobody should stop you."

I was shocked. I wasn't expecting this at all but I was happy. Over the moon happy. I ran to my mom and hugged her. "I'm sorry they killed dad. You didn't deserve that." Jinx dropped her suitcase and hugged us both. "I'm sorry too. And thank you for that. You don't know how long I've been waiting for you two to meet my boyfriend. I wanted your permission so bad."

My mom kissed us on our heads. "If anyone threatens you two because of who you're dating, send them to me. I will not tolerate it anymore." She hugged us tighter. "I just wanted to see you two happy. I'm glad you both are."

"Thanks a bunch mom." I said and we separated. "You should invite Larkin over for dinner. I'd like to apologize to him for what I said."

"Oh. Alright I will."

After that Jinx took her suitcase back to her room and I went upstairs. Pico rubbed up against my leg and purred. "I'm happy everything's okay now." I stroked him. "Me too." I noticed the sun shining brightly in the sky with a few clouds.

I took my phone, called Larkin and invited him. "Be here by six okay? Or maybe five. When do you eat dinner?" Larkin chuckled. "How about five thirty babe?" I didn't tell him the reason why he was invited. I told him my mom wouldn't be home and I would be cooking. It would be kind of like a surprise. "Anything I should bring with?"

"Just your handsome self. And five thirty is great." I smiled widely. "Okay gorgeous. I love you."

"I love you too." After I ended the call I decided to facetime Haven and Rayne and tell them what my mom had said.

"I'm literally so happy for you and Jinx, I'm ready to do my happy dance." Said Haven and Rayne and I laughed. "How's things going with you and Link?" She sighed. "I'm so in love with him. He's been hanging around me more often. I don't know who said what but I'm grateful. Just being with him makes me happy."

"Alright Juliet. Romeo's got you wrapped around his finger." Said Rayne. Haven gasped. "You both saw Corpse today right? Was that his demon form? He looked scary." I nodded. "Yeah. I really feel bad for him. Him and Tatania made such a cute couple and you could see he really loved her." I said softly.

"That wretched witch. I don't know about you two but I'm ready for round two." Rayne shook her head. "No way. I think we should let our parents deal with this one." Haven scoffed. "Let them deal with it? They seem to not care about it. If anyone can do something it's Mew."

"What?"

"You're the one that hears the singing and sees the ghosts. They won't be able to do what you do." Haven was right but after what happened with Tatania, I wasn't sure I wanted to face the witch again.