11. the get-well gift.

-

ACT ONE
(the get-well gift)

    VERONÍCA GROANED as she stretched her arms, glancing around her. After examining her surroundings, it didn't take long for the woman to realize where she was. Inside Hershel's guest room.

The woman winced as her head started pounding, noticing a cup on the nightstand beside her. She quickly drank it, smiling as the cold water hit her throat. "About time."

At the voice, she looked over. Smiling as Rory hopped on the bed beside her. Her brother still standing at the door. "That's the longest one of your fainting spells has ever lasted—When Shane's bitchass told me what you were doing it suddenly made sense."

"Yeah—yeah, how long was I out?"

"Well, seeing as it happened yesterday—a long ass time." Aiden said, looking at a pretend watch as he sat at the end of the bed. "I'm glad you're okay."

Veroníca simply smiled at his words and ruffled Rory's hair.

Her smile only grew wider when Aiden spoke again. "Oh! and Hershel said you could use his shower, I already got your clothes picked out." Aiden then pointed to a stack of clothes, watching as his sister hopped up. Immediately energized.

"Great! I'll be right back." Veroníca then placed a kiss on his son's forehead before rushing to the bathroom. Excited to get the feeling of grease off of her body.

-

    Veroníca didn't know how long she was in the shower. All she knew was as soon as the water hit her, she didn't want to leave.

When the woman eventually forced herself out, she took a break in the mirror and smiled.

Veroníca always knew she was pretty. She wasn't cocky, she was just confident. So as she examined her face, it wasn't a shock that she was still beautiful. After all, she always had been.

The woman then spotted a hairbrush. After picking out the old hair with a gag, she ran it through her hair. Smiling as the familiar feeling came back to her.

Veroníca also really missed proper hygiene, the feeling of brushing your teeth every night and taking long baths. That's probably the worse thing about the apocalypse. There was no more time to look good. Healthy.

As the woman finished brushing her hair, she looked back in the mirror, smiling once more before slipping on her cleanish clothes.

Veroníca then rang out her hair one more time before going back to the guest bedroom. When she opened the door, she was a little shocked to see someone on the bed. Glenn.

At her entrance he immediately stood up, seeming nervous as he smiled at her. "Ronnie!" He spoke, nervously rubbing his neck. "Uh—your brother said you were awake."

"Yeah—i'm surprised I was out for that long, usually its only like an hour." Veroníca said, drying her hair with the towel and plopping onto the bed.

When she sat down she could tell Glenn was awkwardly thinking about where to sit, so she spoke up again. "You can sit here." She motioned to the seat on the bed next to her, smiling as he sat down.