31. judge, jury and vee.

-

ACT TWO
(judge, jury and vee)

ALOT HAD happened at the prison. While some of it was good, such as Hershel waking up. There had also been not-great news, seeing as most of the prisoners turned out to be bad.

Rick had killed them, leaving only the nicer prisoners of the group. While Veroníca liked them, it was clear that the rest of the group didn't feel the same.

In fact, they disliked them so much that they were currently debating whether or not to kick them to the streets. "You want them living in a cell next to you? They'll just be waiting for a chance to grab our weapons. You want to go back to sleeping with one eye open?"

"I never stopped. Bring them into the fold. If we send them off packing, we might as well execute them ourselves."

"He's right, they've been locked away since the start. They wouldn't make it."

While Glenn wanted to agree with Veroníca, he also couldn't bring himself to do so. Seeing as there was a possibility they were bad, he would rather not even give them the chance to hurt the woman. "I don't know. Axel seems a little unstable."

"After all we've been through? We fought so hard for all this, what if they decide to take it?"

"It's just been us for so long.. They're strangers—It feels weird to all of a sudden have other people around."

Veroníca lightly shook her head at this frowning as she continued trying to convince the group. "We need more members.. The world is ending, this isn't about friend groups. We need to think strategically."

"Vee's right... We brought Veroníca in, she turned out alright."

"Alright?" Veroníca's question was ignored when Glenn shut down T-dog. "No—That doesn't—It's not the same."

"Mhm.. And what 'bout when Maggie brought us in."

"You turned up with two shot boys. Didn't give us a choice." Maggie whispered.

"They can't even kill walkers."

"Neither could Maggie when we met her." Veroníca retorted, apologetically explaining further when a frown appeared on Maggie's face. "I—I just mean that we helped Maggie, she's badass now.. We can help them."

Carol shook her head at this, immediately turning the idea down. "They're convicts, bottom line."

"I get guys like this. Hell, I grew up with 'em. They're degenerates but they ain't psychos. I could have been in there with 'em just as easy as i'm out here with you guys."

"So you agree?" Veroníca smiled, putting her hand up for a highfive.

"Hell no, Ron." Daryl replied, making the woman's hand immediately drop to her side. "Let 'em take their chances out on the road just like we did."

Before Veroníca could protest, Rick butt in. "When I was a rookie I arrested this kid. Nineteen years old, wanted for stabbing his girlfriend. The kid blubbered like a baby during the interrogation, during the trial—suckered the jury. He was acquitted due to insufficient evidence and then, two weeks later, shot another girl. We've been through too much. Our deal with 'em stands."