48. the damn notebook.

ACT TWO
(the damn notebook)

THE LAST SIX MONTHS had helped the group beyond belief. With their now steady work schedules, their new friendships, as well as their old friendships blossoming. Everyone in the group could genuinely say they were happy, which was different than before.

Veroníca had changed alot, improved is a word that her friends would use. She had seemed to be back to her former self, no longer yelling profanities at their leader nor others along the way.

While she still visited T-dog's grave weekly, she had now fully come to terms with the man's death. After many night talks with Aiden, she understood it wasn't her fault. No matter how much she use to believe it was.

She had also moved back into her former cell, now sharing the bunk with Glenn once again. The duo's friendship had grown much more. While they were close before, nothing like how they are now. With their hand holding, arms linking as well as their friendly forehead kisses. It wasn't completely strange that the rest of the group had assumed they were together.

While their feelings remained unaddressed towards one another, Veroníca had spilled about her feelings for the pizza delivery guy to a few of the other members.

The other members being Daryl, Carol, Aiden as well as Maggie.

While Daryl and Aiden had claimed it was gross, Carol and Maggie had been completely supportive.

Veroníca was most scared to tell Maggie, she knew her friend use to have a thing for Glenn, one of which she had unknowingly ruined.

Maggie's reaction was a shock to Vee. She had assumed the woman would be a little upset, instead she just smiled, mumbling an I knew it before insisting that she should tell him.

Obviously, Veroníca hadn't taken her advice.

While sometimes she wished she would have, she also knew that if Glenn didn't like her it might've ruined their friendship.

She also figured that it was no use, after all, it was the end of the world and no matter how much she adored Glenn. Eventually they would all die, including him.

So she brushed off her feelings, hoping eventually she'd get over them.

Currently, Veroníca washed a few fruits. Preparing to dice them as the sound of the pigs in their pen filled her ears.

She lightly hummed to herself, placing a few of the carrots onto the makeshift table in front of her as she did so.

Just as she went to cut the carrots, a hand was placed onto her shoulder, making the woman jump.

"Morning, beautiful."

Veroníca squinted at the man's words, shaking her head as she looked back at the carrots in front of her. "Hello, Joshua. Do I have to remind you that—"

"—that I have no chance? No need, I know you don't mean that." The blonde flirted placing his elbows onto the table beside where Veroníca stood.

The woman scoffed at his remark, continuing to cut the carrots as she did so. "You know, I think you grow more unlikable daily."