71. sisters, dead or alive.

ACT TWO
                         (sisters, dead or alive)

      AIDEN HAYES WAS UPSET, he knew he shouldn't have been but that didn't stop the feeling that had been festering in his stomach. He was upset with his current circumstances.

He was mainly upset that his sister and nephew had left, he knew their intent was good. Taking a scientist to DC to save the world is the best reason that they could have for leaving, but it didn't make it hurt any less.

When he was first informed he immediately wanted to leave to find them. Unfortunately for him, when Rick asked if he could stay til they got Carol back; he had caved. Which he was severely regretting.

His mind pondered on the possibility of sneaking away while the majority of the group was gone, yet when a screaming filled his ears. His escape plan was put to a halt.

"Let me in! Help! Please!" Gabriel's voice sounded from outside the church, causing the members inside to glance in between each-other.

To their knowledge, Gabriel was sleeping in the office. So, his screams coming from outside threw them all off guard.

"Let me in!— They're close!" More screams came, this time from right outside the church front door. His closeness causing the group to quickly make their way over. "Please, don't leave me out here—I had to see it, I know now!"

Currently, Michonne held Judith. Meaning she was unfortunately not very helpful in attempting to break the pieces of wood that kept the door locked.

Snarls filled their ears, Gabriel's pleading not stopping as the man and boy attempted to yank the wood off.

"Carl! Michonne! Aiden!" Gabriel cried, banging on the door with his fists.

"Hold on." Aiden yelled out, commanding the preacher. Not that it slowed down his pleas.

The Hayes man then pulled his machete out of its carrier, instructing Carl to take a step back as he did so. The boy immediately complying.

Aiden then swung his machete in the air, slamming it into the wood with a loud thwack. He didn't waste any time examining how far he was cutting, he just continued to cut through the wood pieces. Only stopping once the pieces fully cut in half.

Carl was the one to pull the door open, pointing his gun at the walkers that had just began to walk up the porch stairs. "C'mon!"

Carl shot two walkers, Aiden helping him by slicing through the next few. Michonne securing Judith in her baby wrap.

"Mich, go!" Aiden yelled, walking backwards as he cut through two more walkers. His killing not making much of an impact, after all it seemed as if three dozen walkers were slowly making their way into the small church.

That's why Aiden gave up trying to kill them, opting with turning around and running towards where Carl and Gabriel had lead them to. The office.

Once the four of them were inside, Gabriel slammed the door. Pressing his body weight against it as Michonne grabbed a nearby chair. Propping it up against the door, underneath the door handle.