19. case of the missing moms.

-

ACT ONE
(case of the missing moms)

VERONÍCA WINCED as she slowly woke up. Every wound on her body hit her at once making the woman groan in pain. She looked around for a moment, noticing Lori was still passed out.

"Lori? Lori, hey." She cooed, trying to reach down to wake up the woman.

Veroníca's hushed whispers were put to a stop as she jumped in fear. A sudden growling had erupted right in front of her.

She then noticed a walker trying to claw its way in, and realized just how important it was for her to wake Lori up.

She reached down again, this time shoving Lori more harshly.

Thankfully the woman slowly woke up, making Veroníca smile for a brief moment. Her smile dropped when Lori screamed as she caught sight of the walker.

"Lori, Lori. Focus." Lori nodded at Veroníca's words. looking to the woman above her for directions. "I'm going to unbuckle, i'll probably fall on you.. Just.. Just a warning."

Veroníca didn't give the woman a chance to reply seeing as she immediately unbuckled. As soon as she did she fell downwards, now sitting beside the woman.

Lori groaned at the impact just as the walker shoved its head through the window.

Veroníca then stood up, struggling a bit before pulling Lori up as well. "I'll go first.. Get its attention away."

Lori just nodded, making Veroníca begin to climb out of the vehicle.

Her plan didn't seem to work. Seeing as the walker reached its bloody hand through the glass, pulling Lori's hair.

As Lori began screaming, struggling to get away. Veroníca started looking for a weapon. Unfortunately she couldn't find the gun Lori had brought.

The woman groaned, pulling the CD cases back out. She then broke a case in half, smiling for a millisecond as she looked at its new shape.

It was now the shape of a homemade knife, but the woman didn't have time to pat herself on the back seeing as Lori was still screaming.

She then took the homemade weapon, shoving it through the walker's eyes.

The weapon didnt go all the way in, making Veroníca take the second half of the case, shoving that through its eye aswell.

When the walkers head dropped downwards, blood pooling onto the ground. Veroníca smiled widely, checking on Lori before continuing to climb out of the vehicle.

The group felt content as they gathered at the table. Rory had been showing Carl his few pokemón cards

Unfortunately his friend's attention was pulled away as Shane spoke to him. "Carl, I want you to keep your head up, okay? Your old man, he's the toughest son of a—"

"No cussing in the house."

"Sorry." Shane said, instantly shutting up making Aiden chuckle to himself.

"Rory, eat your green beans." Aiden commanded making Rory nod as he shoveled some green beans into his mouth. "Where's your mom?"

Rory shrugged, continuing to eat his green beans as Aiden looked around.

"Lori, Veroníca dinner." Carol called, walking away for a moment before Maggie's voice called her back.

"They're not in there."