35. pinky promise.

ACT TWO
(pinky promise)

VERONÍCA WOKE up with a start as she felt a cold, wet object touching her face. She immediately pushed the item away, sitting up straight.

"Woa, woah.. Hey, it's just me."

Veroníca stared at the man, furrowing her brows. "Glenn.."

"Yeah, yeah.. I figured that you wouldn't want to see Rory with uh—blood all over you." Glenn said, waving the wet rag in his hand as his own personal white flag.

Veroníca's eyes softened at his gesture, nodding her head as Glenn continued helping her get the blood off of her face. "Where is he?"

"Rory?" Glenn asked, continuing when his crush nodded. "He's asleep, he's been sleeping alot—not that it's a bad thing just..."

Veroníca nodded again, a silence coming over the two as Glenn hummed to himself.

His humming came to an abrupt end as he pulled the rag away once more. "You had one of your fainting spells.. Kind of freaked me out, but I managed." Glenn joked.

When Veroníca didn't crack a smile, Glenn nervously cleared his throat before talking again. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Veroníca pondered if she did for a moment, finally deciding it'd be better to explain now so she would have an easier time when Rick forced it out of her. "I watched.. the moment came, and instead of helping, I just watched.."

Glenn frowned at this, not speaking seeing as he knew that wasn't the only thing on the woman's chest.

At the silence, Veroníca continued. "I could've—I should've stopped him.. I mean, he was right beside me and he—he just.. I let him run at them, I didn't even pull him back.."

While Glenn didn't fully understand, he tried his best to try and find out what she meant without prying. "It's not your fault, Vee."

"Not my fault? Him and Carol wanted to turn around, we could've turned around but—but I always want to prove something.. Prove i'm not weak—All I did was prove I am."

"No, no. No." Glenn immediately shut down, placing the wet and dirty rag to the side of him. "You don't get it. Veroníca, you're one of the strongest people I know.. We all see it. Rick, Daryl, Rory, T-dog saw it too."

Veroníca didn't reply instead she shook her head, genuinely not believing anything the man in front of her was saying.

Glenn sighed as he examined her face, realizing she didn't believe him. "Who—who was a teen mom?"

The woman didn't reply, making Glenn motion his hands for her to speak. "Me.."

"Who could probably kick my ass?"

"Me." Veroníca said, a hint of a smile appearing on her face.

"You. Don't belittle the things you have done just because you couldn't stop someone twice your size." Glenn trailed, glancing at Veroníca's lips before looking back into her eyes. "Did you get hurt?"

Veroníca shrugged not remembering much from the past days. Glenn lightly sighed at this, pulling the woman's arms towards him as he examined it for any cuts.