49. successful confessions.

ACT TWO
(successful confessions)

VERONÍCA SHOVED a few cans of food into her bag. While she had been sent to get the non-perishable foods when her eyes caught onto something, she was pulled away from the task at hand.

She picked up the item, smiling as she flipped through it. There was a hello kitty coloring book as well as a marvel coloring book.

Veroníca assumed it was fate seeing as her son and his newfound close friend had loved the subjects. So she didn't hesitate to shove the books into her bag as well.

As soon as she did, she grabbed a can of peanut butter before ultimately leaving the aisle. Pressing her hand onto the walkie talkie button. "I secured some coloring books. Copy."

"I found a camera, you want to do a photoshoot when we get back? Also, when you finish your sentence you say over—not copy.. Over."

Veroníca aimlessly wandered around, speaking into the walkie talkie. "Glenn Rhee. How do you know so much walkie-talkie lingo? Were you in a walkie talkie club?"

There was a brief pause, a smile appearing on Veroníca face when Glenn's voice came through the speaker again. "There's no walkie talkie club, Vee. It's called boy scouts. Over and Out."

"No way. You were in boy scouts?"

"Over and Out." Glenn repeated, though Veroníca could hear the bashful smile in his voice.

Before the woman could pester him any more, her eyes caught onto Sasha's. Who seemed to be walking over to her.

She stopped in her tracks, her smile staying on her face when Sasha reached her. "Did you get your list?"

Veroníca nodded, waving her bag around while Sasha continued. "Great—that's great.. Hey, can you go keep an eye on Bob?"

Veroníca seemed confused by the new task but ultimately agreed, leaving to find Bob.

-

      When the woman found Bob he had been examining a bottle of wine, she watched him intently as he read over the label in silence.

Veroníca who ended up feeling awkward just staring, made her way to stand beside the man. "Wray and Nephew. Gross. You gotta try this."

The woman then pulled a Johnnie Walker, Blue Label, off of the shelf. Handing it to Bob while she took the bottle with the red label away.

He examined the bottle, glancing up at the woman with untrusting eyes.

"C'mon, Bobby. I know what i'm talking about." Veroníca insisted, placing the red labelled wine back onto the shelf. A little harder than she would've liked.

As soon as she did the shelf fell downwards, taking multiple other shelves with it.

Before either of the two could make a remark towards the event, when the entire bookcase of wine began falling towards them they stepped into action.

They both placed their hands on the shelf, ultimately failing as it had pushed them backwards. Onto the floor.

"Fuck." Veroníca groaned, feeling the broken bottles and wine all around her.